• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how not to mount a cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frederic2707

my niece evelyne has a basic pc(a old one at that) and it broke down so she went to our local pc store and asked how it could be fixed in the end he sold het a athlon x2 64 for 100 euros when she got home she asked on yahoo answers how she has to mount it and a troll responded with just tape it on a thing that sticks out of your motherboard and she did that and was suprised that it did not work and then called me to come and have a look this is what i found in her pc

I did not get the idea until that picture number 3.

Now it get a headache. :bang head

i know right i opened up the case and saw that and was like wtf did you just do then she told me she asked on yahoo answers on how she had to mount it:facepalm: i just wanted to keep banging my head against the wall:bang head

I acutally laughed out loud when I opened these.. Poor thing!

I had a guy bring a FX-8350 jammed into an AM2 socket. Looked like this:

attachment.php

Bent..pins..brain surgery.. And the 8350 is now in my very own "Rigpeice" at my house, free of charge :D There's a story of course, but I've told it enough times haha

Edit: Can look here: New Toys Thread and my story ..if it meets your fancy, I don't feel bad :p

That's one powerful tuner card. I guess I'll tape my old processors onto my mobo and go post about my new 4P folding rig in the Folding@Home section now.

That's one powerful tuner card. I guess I'll tape my old processors onto my mobo and go post about my new 4P folding rig in the Folding@Home section now.

Hahaha

I'm gonna tape my old Deneb to my NIC, Overclock my internetz to 4.0GHz :attn:

Yall are laughing about being tricked into taping the CPU onto another card. Meanwhile the first thing I see is "he sold her a athlon x2 64 for 100 euros" WTF! I sold 17x Athlons of that era with 2 motherboards, and 4 sets of ram for about 120 euros about 2 moths ago. Poor girl shes just getting screwed on all sides with that deal.

Yall are laughing about being tricked into taping the CPU onto another card. Meanwhile the first thing I see is "he sold her a athlon x2 64 for 100 euros" WTF! I sold 17x Athlons of that era with 2 motherboards, and 4 sets of ram for about 120 euros about 2 moths ago. Poor girl shes just getting screwed on all sides with that deal.

I figured it was a fake post because it doesn't have a link to the Yahoo question so I just went on the funny picture. :D

I didn't even think about it-- Jesus that's nasty for an Athlon x2 haha :bang head

Tell your niece to come to OC Forums first the next time she wants to do an upgrade. We'll treat her better than those yeyhoos on yahoo.

Back