• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to delete file?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kimbahpnam

I'm tryin to get rid of a folder that has some files that I can't delete cuz it's "being used by another program." It has to do something w/ my Explorer. I think it brings up pop-ups...How would I delete this?

that doesnt work man i have the perfect file that does that. i was having that problem as well i tried everything and i mean everything until a guy told me about the prog Dr.Delete if it cant delete the file right away it will delete it on next boot up its an amazing prog.
here is the program download link. i promise it will get rid of ur usable file for sure
http://www.docsdownloads.com/download/DrDelete.zip

hmmm still can't seem to delete this one particular file....is there anyway i can manually stop it, then delete it?

You can use knoppix, then mount the drive read and writable, then go to the right dir, then delete the file that way:D

You can also do this:

Start >>> Run >>> type: cmd >>> navigate to the directory >>> type: del nameoffile.avi or whatever it is named. That should work too:D

what is the program called that you are trying to get rid of?

see if you can turn it off in the task manager then try to delete it.

did you try adaware and spybot S&D?

Be sure to check the Task Manager's processes and end any unfamiliar process. If you accidentally end a process you needed, just restart. That's how I get those files, I kill all processes except root processes and then get it.

Back