• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to ramp up gpu fan speeds beyond 100 %

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikesamo

Hello forum I have an arctric xtreme iv on my titan x. its a very capable cooler and it does a great job of cooling my card . but since its almost dead silent even at 100% . It wouldnt hurt if i was able to ramp it even more
the lowest rpm on these fans is 900 rpm . max is 2000 . I would like to have it run at 3000 max .
I tried the bios editor but it doesnt do anything . is there anything else i could do

Short of overvolting the fans, which will likely kill them, no.

No. 100% means the full 12v is going to them. if you want more airflow you will need to buy new fans. Short of that you would need a power source that outputs more than 12v(or use negative rails in the psu for ground but that is not advisable) but you would likely burn up your fans doing that

BIOS editor on a fan???

Like thiddy said, you can give it more voltage, but you will kill the fans.

IIRC, you have hit a hard limit on that card anyway with temps being in order so, what is the point?

BIOS editor on a fan???

Like thiddy said, you can give it more voltage, but you will kill the fans.

IIRC, you have hit a hard limit on that card anyway with temps being in order so, what is the point?

I am happy with the temps but like i said it wouldnt hurt to run cooler since these fans are uber silent

It wouldnt help either. It would make more noise, kill the fan(s), and not get you any further in your overclock.

Hello forum I have an arctric xtreme iv on my titan x. its a very capable cooler and it does a great job of cooling my card . but since its almost dead silent even at 100% . It wouldnt hurt if i was able to ramp it even more
the lowest rpm on these fans is 900 rpm . max is 2000 . I would like to have it run at 3000 max .
I tried the bios editor but it doesnt do anything . is there anything else i could do

Theres a reason 100% is called the m a x
its all your gonna get unless you buy higher spinning fans but then theres noise to deal with...

your air flow would actually go down if you pumped more than 12v into it. fan blades are usually bent at specific angles to max out when the motor maxes out.

Back