• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED How to set your email notifications.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
Lately there have been several members complaining that they are not receiving email notifications for their threads. After looking into this I have determined that it's because the default setting has changed to "Thru My Control Panel Only" for many if not all of us. So to remedy this we all need to change our default settings manually. To do this go to Settings-->General Settings and pick the drop down menu and select either Instant, Daily, or Weekly depending on your preference. I would recommend Instant or Daily if you have listings in our Classified Section.

View attachment 200039

Now that our default settings are corrected we can adjust our existing subscriptions. To do this go to Settings-->Subscriptions. You can select each thread individually or click the top box next to Notifications to Select All. Then go to the bottom of the page click the Selected Threads drop down menu and select the Frequency under Subscription Type and click Go. You're now set to receive email notifications for all of the threads you want, and only the ones you want. :salute:

View attachment 200041

View attachment 200042

Last edited:
Not sure why this has happened to some people and not others, but thanks for the writeup Blay!

well im not getting emails period from the forums, last one i got was june 30. updated the email section since it was blank for some odd reason, i havent gotten any of the 3 verification emails.

*now what, im seeing im no longer a senior? this is just weird now...*

Only thing I can't adjust is Time Zone. The drop down menu doesn't have my time zone in it. For the three (that I know of) members stuck here in the sweaty crease of God's Gonads, meh. Who cares. LOL

I'm not sure if it's also related to the recent changes but I can't save my login/password to the forums. Website always shows error that overclockers.com/forums link doesn't work. Once I login then it works till I restart web browser (still browser is suggesting login/password when I click on the login/password boxes). Even though error appears then I'm logged, I just have to change the page.

well im not getting emails period from the forums, last one i got was june 30. updated the email section since it was blank for some odd reason, i havent gotten any of the 3 verification emails.

*now what, im seeing im no longer a senior? this is just weird now...*
You have pm :)
Only thing I can't adjust is Time Zone. The drop down menu doesn't have my time zone in it. For the three (that I know of) members stuck here in the sweaty crease of God's Gonads, meh. Who cares. LOL
Hmm I have no idea why that wouldn't be there now if it was before
I'm not sure if it's also related to the recent changes but I can't save my login/password to the forums. Website always shows error that overclockers.com/forums link doesn't work. Once I login then it works till I restart web browser (still browser is suggesting login/password when I click on the login/password boxes). Even though error appears then I'm logged, I just have to change the page.
Please remove any old bookmarks and clear your browser cookies and cache for the site.

Back