• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to stress test undervolt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irrykuxeh

Background: I just got a new laptop with an A6 APU in it, and I was tinkering around with some OC profiles in K10stat. I created a pretty decent OC profile with only one power state at well nearly 2.6Ghz from 1.4 stock without increasing the voltage! (I actually undervolted a little from the max voltage). In other words, these APUs overclock like champs.

Since it is a laptop, it could be advantageous to have a profile that keeps the stock multipliers but favors low voltage and battery life. I decreased the idle voltages quite a bit and everything seemed to work well, but how do I know if data is being corrupted or if all the cores are still running correctly? How do I stress 0% load lol?

Can you manually set the speed and voltages to what you want to test? If so, use that with LinX to test stability, just like you would an overclock. It is conceptually the same thing.

Yup. Full control of clocks and voltages. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check out that program tomorrow

So, while I was downloading LinX, I was tinkering a bit with K10Stat and figured how to stress the undervolt properly. You can lock the Power State in K10stat, locking the voltage and clock also. So now, I'm just running Prime95 while locked on my idle voltage and clocks :D

You can do the same thing by just going into bios and disabling the green stuff and setting the CPU voltage and frequency manually. Anything you set manually in bios is locked to that amount.

Back