• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How's HIS Video Cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just built my computer about 6 months or so ago and haven't had any problems with my IceQ X Turbo 6850. It looks like they don't necessarily make a "high-end" product, but it still doesn't seem to be lacking in quality or performance.

I had bought an IceQ X1950 Pro of theirs from back in the day and about 1 month after the warranty ran out the squirrel cage fan on it had the bearings start rattling and then locked up. I haven't bought another of their cards since that one.

Had a HIS HD5970 from ~release until recently, worked great! Although never experienced their RMA which could be a deciding factor when comparing warranties.

Their IceQ series cards seem to be solid mid-range choices, there was a review on one of their cards on the front page here a while back, and it seemed to hold their temps pretty close to MSI's Twin Frozr cooler.

I've had them - they're fine. Try to find a review on your specific model to make sure there's nothing categorically wrong with it.

Back