• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hows this baby look

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chappyman524

new rig for gaming CHECK IT OUT and make suggestions..

Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
Model #: VA3000BWA

Update EPoX EP-9NPA+Ultra Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Model #: EP-9NPA+Ultra

Update ATI 100-435702 Radeon X1800XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - OEM
Model #: 100-435702

Update FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX500-A ATX12V 500W Power Supply - Retail
Model #: AX500-A

Update AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA4000BNBOX - Retail
Model #: ADA4000BNBOX

Update OCZ Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ4002048PFDC-K - Retail
Model #: OCZ4002048PFDC-K

Update Western Digital Caviar SE WD2000JB 200GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM
Model #: WD2000JB

Update ViewSonic VA902b Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor - Retail
Model #: VA902b

Update SONY Black IDE Combo Drive Model CRX320EE/B2S - OEM
Model #: CRX320EE/B2S

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishList/wishlistCurrent.asp

I'd get an X2 or Opteron 165 or 170.

My opinion is Thermaltake makes cheap flimsy plastic cases.

Checkout the Antec P180. Solidly built.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

If you do your homework right, youll have a computer to brag about with less $$ that you would expect..

if $ aint an issue:

thermaltake is overrated, get an antec

go for the DFI nf4 whatever EXPERT, best amd board around

dont go for the x1800xt right now, with x1900xtx just around the corner it will devaluate massively, id take an x1800xl and use the money for the rest of the system.

fortron psus are gr8! i own one :)

i second to get a dualcore otpy instead of that, just about what youll save on the vidcard i suggested

that memory looks good, i just dont know how good will it oc. I exhort you to go check the memory forum and get memory with SAMSUNG UCCC chips, its the best bang for the buck atm.

the drive is excellent, its just IDE interface a lil bit old... any sata drive will be much more futureproof

the monitor is okay

sony is selling their optical drive division and their drives arent the best out there... id get an lg instead of it.

if you are on a budget tell us how much are you willing to spend, that might help us to give you more straightforward answers

i totaly agrea with phob mx said. definaly get a slitly cheaper X1800 and as for the mobo, id suggest the crossfire DFI board. moastly cause you can buy a crossfire mastercard instead of a new card and get the same if not better perfomance. as for the proc. go for any type of opteron, either dual core or single core, with a scythe ninja( with like 16 heat pipes or some stupid thing) moastly casue youd be able to get more out of the chip. other then that, i cant say on the case. i go with cardboard boxes :p or a chair. if you really had the cash go for a 21" viewsonic there uber uber uber nice. um i think that about covers it.... oh and totaly go for a SATA HDD. psu seems fin also (make sure its got plety of AMPs on the 12v rail)
3vil

Thanks for the suggestions keep them coming, as of now its $1700, if it could go down and the comp not get worse...keep it movin!

Back