• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I dub thee "The Black"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bww794

Registered
Looking good. Everything's in place, just waiting on a couple hard drives and a S36 from Fractal to come on Thursday and she'll be all wrapped up. Something I'm putting together for a friend from parts I had laying around.

Fractal Design Define S2
Gigabyte 990fx-ud3-r5
AMD FX-9590
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866mhz (2x8gb)
EVGA 980ti SC w/ Accelero Xtreme III
Seasonic 750w Prime Gold
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
Seagate Barracuda 1Tb 7200rpm P_20190317_165728.jpeg

Oh, it's not free lol. Steeply discounted maybe, but not free haha

I'm happy about your cooling choice, Fx 9590 is not a chip you want to mess with when it comes to cooling. Should be a nice build.

I know. When I used it myself, I had a custom loop with 2 x 360mm rads and ek CPU and GPU blocks.

wow.gif

What rock have I been under. I didn't even realize fractal made AIO/CLC Coolers. LOL Thanks DaveB.

I had the S36 cooling an FX 4350 @ 5.0Ghz... did a good job and me thinks you'll have a little headroom despite the 4 extra cores. Although, you may saturate the cooler with benchmarks like Cinebench extreme or CB R20.

Woop Woop. It was a tight fit for a case that prides itself on its watercooling friendly features. it would be a more comfortable fit with a slimmer rad and the top vent/filter wouldn't lock in because the heads of the screws that came with the AIO were too big so i had to scrounge up some screws with more low profile heads on them. Other than that, it went off without a hitch. Windows updated, all drivers updated, bios on newest version, ram set to XMP profile and CPU boosting up to 5ghz. :clap:
IMG_20190322_220346_01.jpg
P_20190322_220938.jpg

Very nice. You can probably remove the warning sticker from the tempered glass now. Lol

Very nice. You can probably remove the warning sticker from the tempered glass now. Lol

Lol, I'm just test driving it for a week or so but I'll be boxing it back up and transporting it from VA to NC so I'm just going to leave the big protective sheet of plastic/vinyl or whatever it is until it's been delivered and hooked up in it's final resting place. I did take the one on the inside of the glass off.

Back