• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got the worst Gainward GF3 GS Ti200 on the planet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

Man, I was doing major 3dmark looping and the best this crap can do so far is 240/525. At 245/530 I restarted. Sooooooo bad. Most get 260/560 on this thing!

If I can't find a vmod for it soon I'm tempted to RMA this thing for a new one... I STILL can't find a vmod. I don't want an ethics lecture by the way, just a crazy fast vid card!

Sorry, I needed to vent.

--Illah

I think you're mistaken.. 240/525 for a Ti200 is pretty dam good. Faster than a Ti500 for sure... Actually a lot of people get much less then you.. RMA'ing the card might get you a slower one... I did that once and I ended up with a new and slow card cuz it overclocked less...

Your gpu clock is good...most ppl are around 230-250 (I'm at 250, but I have done 275 before). It's the mem that's hurting you. Mine will go 565 with stock cooling, and I've had it at 590 before she crashed and burned. I think you just got a bum card...I would return it, becuase Gainward guarantees those Golden Samples to overclock...if it doesn't, call them and tell them what's going on. Maybe they will offer to replace it...

I think I will. That's why I don't mind the premium payed for Gainward cards. They warantee practically everything and have great customer care. If they don't take it I won't feel THAT bad, but I've seen people do SO SO SO much more with this card...

--Illah

Just remember that in the world of OCing, nothign is ever a guarantee. If somene gets a nice OC, there are just too many variables that could affect your OC. Cheer up. Still a good OC man.

Element-Xero said:
yeah on cold days i can run my ram at 590 :eek:

i say RMA, nothing to lose b/c thats the lowest oc ive heard of with the GS

That's what I'm saying! The mem is 3.5ns, it should do ~570, but 560-ish seems to be the average. Even the core at 240. Takiwa says that's average but I see almost everyone at 250+. I'll call Gainward in a bit and see what they wanna say about it.

--Illah

Man, I love gainward. They just gave me the RMA number for a replacement! I probably won't bother sending it today since I gotta work and all, but once I do cross your fingers for me, hopefully it's a massive OCer!

--Illah

Back