• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I had Ethernet internet failure with windows 10 KB4493509 update.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

With windows 10 KB4493509 update installed twice there was no internet connection with Ethernet Intel i219-v. Now that I uninstalled the update the internet is working fine.

Has anyone else had this problem?:(

Last edited:
Not that I know of... I219-V nor 211 Intel NICs.

5hat update is to upgrade to 1809, right?

I have the same version and build. It appears I do not have that KB installed. Last updated my system 4/11.

Your are the second person to say the same things. That is uncanny how I have that update and so far know one else with the same (OS Build 17763.379) has April 9, 2019—KB4493509.

I have the same version and build. It appears I do not have that KB installed. Last updated my system 4/11.

I started a thread on the Microsoft help forum and Independent Advisor said "Yes, your system should have that update, it will bring your system up to 17763.437
If you are having difficulty with your Internet, you can hide that particular update and wait on the next one, which will hopefully be compatible with your system . ."

The uncanny part is I can't find other folks with my Ethernet Intel i219-v and the KB4493509 update.:shrug:

Only thing I can think of is the KB4493509 update is installing new drivers for the NIC and it's bugged.

Check out these screen shots to disable Win 10 form updating the hardware drivers. Make sure you have icon view set in control panel.
controlpanel.jpg
system.jpg
systemproperties.jpg
device.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the NIC driver was not updated with KB4493509 update. Looking through the event viewer it was a DHCP-Client error.

I find with my customer base that Microsoft updates sometimes break either wifi or ethernet. Sometimes removing the device in Device Manger and then letting it find the driver again and reinstall itself will fix the issue. Kind of serves to reshuffle things I think.

I installed and uninstalled the update twice and my PC is working fine now without the update. I have conversed with 2 people with the same Ethernet Intel i219-v who did not receive the KB4493509 update on patch Tuesday. I believe there is something going on with the update not being delivered to everyone.

Well I tried the windows 10 KB4493509 update again with resetting network device and that did not fix the Ethernet connection. Then I uninstalled the windows 10 KB4493509 update and that did not restore the Ethernet connection. I was thinking it was a OS problem, so I did a clean install of window 10 and that did not resolve the internet Ethernet connection problem. Now I'm thinking it is a Ethernet network controller problem, so I ordered a new Intel EXPI9301CTBLK 10/100/1000Mbps PCI-Express Network Adapter. Hopefully that will fix the PC?

I once had an AM3+ motherboard that experienced NIC failure. It does happen. Add in cards work great as do USB to ethernet adapters.

The board is under warranty. However, the cost of Intel EXPI9301CTBLK 10/100/1000Mbps PCI-Express Network Adapter is $33.99, little more than the cost for me to ship out the motherboard for RMA. Why is it good to have PCI-E NIC?

The type isnt relevant... but just for testing and when things like this happen.

You shipping the mobo with lead in the package? I'd be floored if it cost more than $20 to ship a board like that from where you are to Cali... it should even fit priority medium flat rate... $15.

Edit: but I get it... time and hassle. In an perfect world we'd have an extra mobo, lol.

Last edited:
My time is worth the extra $15.00 instead of time spent tear down, packing so it won't get damaged in shipping, turnaround time then rebuilding.

Well I was using my laptop for about a week on the Ethernet cable I had connected to my desktop PC and it was a fine connection for the week. So yesterday I unplugged the Ethernet cable to my laptop and plugged into my desktop PC and everything is working fine, even with windows 10 KB4493509 update. Now it's looking like I wasted $33.99 on a NIC. It just boggles my mind why I could not get a IP on my network before with this desktop PC?:shrug:

Back