• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just picked up a deal ( I think ) on ebay for this pump is it worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jdeed

Registered
Swiftech MCP35x2 total cost with shipping $74 it's basically never been used and only comes with the pump and cables on the pump.

I don't know if the guy is going to sell it to me for that low of a bid though....we'll see if he ships it.

Also would it be worth it to get separate tops and make two single pumps or just keep it as two in one?

Its about $200 new...

As far as its use, that depends on your loop.. I would assume its a beefy one buying that pump...

Its about $200 new...

As far as its use, that depends on your loop.. I would assume its a beefy one buying that pump...

Well I was reading about this pump and it has more head pressure than flow what ever that means....

THE Idea is to run it for now at about 35-40% with the 200x445x48 Radiator I have and then later as I get a block and a New GPU add that and still be able to run it at lower speeds 40-50% so it won't be too loud. Also the Block I have is a little more restrictive than some. Phobya UC-2 LT

So long as you are at 1-1.5GPM you will be set.

Post some pics!

I sure will when it arrives! I was looking up pump tops and I can make two pumps from one for about $60 more.

I was just thinking about how the computer auto shuts down when to hot and if I was to use one pump at a time to get more life from them and have a back up instead of running them both and wearing them both out.

Anyhow we'll see how things go from here and when my package is sent.

Here's the pics I got from the seller the were saved with the name $_122 hmm....

$_122 (1).jpg $_122 (2).jpg $_122.jpg

Last edited:
Unreal.....It took some time and talking, but he sent it and I got it today works great just testing! :)

That's a steal. I have the exact setup installed on my reservoir. They come with a high performing top designed for those pumps. Good stuff. Depending how big your loop is, you'll probably run them anywhere from 30%-40% tops. As ED said, 1.0-1.5 GPM is the sweet spot.

I have a couple of these pumps, the only issue i have when they quit is scrunge where the wiring is soldered, when they die I pull them apart , clean the scrunge off with a toothbrush and back up and running.
It seems these weep a little.

What if I were to buy two tops and make 2 normal pumps and just use one at a time?

I'll have to look into what you said about the wires have you tried anything like dielectric grease?

why bother, I like to tinker and it's only once a year it happens to one or the other, if it was a critical issue or i was a single computer guy, then yea, GE dielectic it would be.

What if I were to buy two tops and make 2 normal pumps and just use one at a time?

If you only want to use one and have the other as a back up, these are the single tops for these pumps from the company website.

If you only want to use one and have the other as a back up, these are the single tops for these pumps from the company website.

thanks I thought about just turning one on and leaving the whole set up together as well.

Back