• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I love my A8N32 SLI Deluxe !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Madoverclocker

I'm new to these forums but as I have been reading up on my new A8N32 I thought I would share some of my specs with you all. Opinions welcome!!

Upgraded from a A8V Deluxe as I changed video card to an 880GTX from an ATI X1950Pro (AGP). With the A8V is was able to get my Opty to 3GHz but I needed 1.6V. With this board I can get 3GHz with 1.4v!!! Gotta love 8 phase power!! Also I have a FSB of 300MHz with this board and a HT-Link of 1500MHz!!! So far I haven't really touched any other settings and have left most as 'auto' for now.

So what do other A8N32 owners think?? What else can I squeeze out of this awesome board?

Dave

yea its amazing
i get to 3.0 with 1.42v, and its enough for everyday usage, never had it bsod
i still raise it to 1.5v and stil not 100% stable, but o well, it seems perfectly fine to me.
if i give it 1.54-58 under load temps will hit 62-64c even with water
thats one hell of a 939 rig you got there

Thanks gocartman. I was totally stable with my A8V at 1.6 though I don't know what my peak temp was. This is so far 100% but it is only 2 days old!! I will monitor my temps and see what peak I am getting with 1.4v. Though that is 1.4 in bios, CPU-Z is showing 1.408 to 1.456v.

Okay some temp figures.

Running CPU Burn-in for 10mins on both cores using maximum heat generation mode I have a peak temp of 57C, ambient is 25C.
Running on one core peak temp is 49C, ambient still 25C

Last edited:
I love mine as well. Pwnteron 170 at 3050 100% stable 305fsb, pretty hawt. Too bad it's gonna just be a file server in a month or so when I go quad.

JamesXP said:
You might of burned your chip in too :p

That's the plan! I hope to push my chip further with this board than I could with the A8V Deluxe. But for now I am happy to make sure everything works as it is.....then the fun begins:)

Good going!!! :thup:

I've recently started OC'ing a 165 and hit a wall on the FSB at 320 MHz. But that was with the only rev. 1.01"g" board I have. The two "older" 1.01's that I have running have tested to 350 and 360 MHz FSB :attn: without problems and might go higher (I didn't try). You gotta' love that!

I like these boards so much I've got 2 more waiting in the wings to become my grandkids computers ... :)

Replace that PSU ASAP man. Your system is putting a real strain on the PSU. Your Antec has a high probability of having faulty caps. Hard to tell unless you open it up and look. Antec just recently changed OEM manufacturers to Seasonic, so you *might* be lucky. They were using Channel Well, which used the famous crap Fuhjihyi (sp?) capacitors. The 8800GTX is a real beast, for sure, but you're severely bottlenecking it with your cpu and mobo lol. Believe me man, I went from a 3Ghz Opteron 170 with an 8800GTS to a C2D setup and I was just "whoa." :D a HTT link of 1500MHZ is mighty high.. Have you changed the the LDT multiplier? Thats running it kinda far out of spec. 1100-1200Mhz I've seen but 1500 is kinda going a bit far. Those Ballistix have a tendency to run on the warm side. I'd recommend you pump no more than 2.8v through them. Try 3-3-3-8. You might find a tad more stability if you change that. Just my $0.02.

-Dave

You're running a 300 MHz FSB but you're under-clocking your RAM. With that 180 chip 250x12 with the RAM at 200 (1:1) would be just as good if not a little better.

And you'll never see a difference between a 1500 MHz HT link and 1250 or even 1000. If you go with 250x12 just use 4x on the K8>NB multiplier. That way you'll still have a little room to maneuver if you decide to push the chip some more and you'll be a lot more stable ...

Thanks for the info guys, big help. SuperDave my Antec is about 18months old so I will definately take a look inside, thanks. Yea the 8800GTX is a beast but it is hopefully a little future proof, I will probably replace everything else in the next 12 months. But for now this was the best way to go as the 8800 lets me run all my current favourites at 1920x1200 with high settings and it can only get better when I change to a fast processor. Yea the HT-Link is high but it is stable and it does give me a very slight speed increase. TBH I didn't think it would run, from what I've read, but it booted fine so I left it. So far memory is stable again those timings are what the system picked and are faster than crucials rating at that speed, 3-4-4-10. But I can adjust if things start to go wrong. QuietIce yea I tried to run at 1:1 at 250 but my Opty and the Crucial don't seem to want to play 1:1 I had same prob on last board so that is why I currently run async. but I will continue to play and see if i can get this board to run 1:1 it still is early days. Thanks for all the suggestions....

Others have had problems with ASUS and Crucial - don't know why. I've stuck with Corsair or OCZ and all has been good.

Of course, you run what you've got and it's not like you're loosing any speed ... :)

Been running mine for awhile now and loving it. I have burned up two mb using an inferior psu. As said before you should think about replacing it.

Madoverclocker said:
So far memory is stable again those timings are what the system picked and are faster than crucials rating at that speed, 3-4-4-10.
That's ugly! Get A64Info and start reading about how to use it. Disable "USB Legacy Support" and PEG Link Mode" in the BIOS (1405?). ADD CASE FANS.

billb said:
That's ugly! Get A64Info and start reading about how to use it. Disable "USB Legacy Support" and PEG Link Mode" in the BIOS (1405?). ADD CASE FANS.

Yea it is ugly that's why I'm running 3-3-3-7. Suggest you read the post before you comment!

Madoverclocker said:
Yea it is ugly that's why I'm running 3-3-3-7. Suggest you read the post before you comment!
Operator Error!
I have some DDR1 memory that will run 2,2,2,5 at 200mhz (DDR400) and 3,4,3,5 at 332.5mhz (DDR665) on a A8N32-SLI-D. Now that's not easy to do. It takes long hours with a pen and notepad....

What I'm saying is don't give up so easily. I was stuck at 580 for the longest time....at 665, well I'm just "stuck" again....700...750...800, it's just a matter of time and effort. Like my hero, OPB, says "He who tries the most, goes the fastest.

Back