• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Love My "new" Smp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DayUSeX

WEll i have held of posting this as i wanted it to be rock stable, and well this is as good as its goign to get so im happy.
2.8ghz xeons oced to 3.15
4 x 1gb pc 3200 cas 2.0 corsair memory
iwill dpi533
80gb 8mb WD (for OS/swap/MAX)
250gb 8mb WD (for renders, 3 more schedualed)
quadro 4 550 (upgrading once new cores come out asap).
Sound blaster live audigy 2zs
Plextor 48x CDRW (looking for a nice dvd-r/w to compliment)
2 Maze 4 Xeons
1 Zblock For NB
2x 120 MM 98 CFM 32 DCB fans on a dual 120mm heatercore
enheim 1250
Average of 38*C full load for about a week now.
*future additions comming asap*
dual 80mm radiator, with 2x 80mm fans
hydro l20
Custom made GP/VRAM waterblock system.

All I have to says is wow I LOVE THIS THING. It chew through max. it is rock stable. WIth the HT i can render, listen to music, browse the net, chat to ppl, and even work on my texutres. This thing is an animal. I dont knwo what i did before this. Frames that would take 8+ hours to render out on my old xp2100 *gamer* rig now takes about 1 minute MAX. THis thing is a beast i love it i love it i love it

OH yeah and it folds =P.

Just wanted to let you all know whats up. ONce all the hardware mods are done it will be time for cosmetics as it currently has the silver ante case, with a custom window *i hate pre made mods*. Maybe get some cool pain going and lights udnno yet. I love this thing i call her shelia!!!

Does HT help Xeons under Windows?

I recall seeing a GamePC.com article (vs Opteron) and they demonstrated that it offers next to no benefit in this scenario. So they turned it off when benching.

I'm just curious to know.

it ofers benifit in multi-threded aps he uses a multi-threaded 3d render program so sees benifit.
DayUSeX that new rigs got u in to my folding threats list....

LOL i dont really think so aftermath, it renders almost constatly so the few cycles left are eaten up by itunes (yeah a cool jukebox my pc is, wow that was yoda). But ill check you out aftermath maybe you and me can have a little competition.

HT rocks under windows. Before my system could only render. I coudlnt do jack on it, or everything would freeze. LIke stated I can render, fold, browse the inet, listen to music, and chat. ALl with no worries. Wow HT rocsk hard!!!

yes tebore they are comming, my friend is goign to bring his digital, but beware it is ugly!!! I need to mod it out, i love the case just needs mods, hopefully the pics will be up soon.
And yes it broke the bank, looks like i wont be seeing a 502 anytime soon =*(

Dayus, how much did it cost? 4x1gb sticks of pc3200 ram o_O... 2 2.8ghz Xeons O.O... oh mannn... you lucky guy haha. I hope you enjoy your system.

tebore what kind of benches do you wnat?? i would be happy to post any that you ask

ttfrog, the ram was 1700 USD (i didnt get "screwed no matter what price watch says, i called and this was teh cheapest i could get cas 2.0 pc3200, stupid :typos:).

the 2.8ghz zeons were about 700 (payed the extra 100 to insure D1 cores)
mobo was about 550
the psu was 115
sound card was like 80
gfx was left over so i dont rember (but once new cores come out there goes another 500 usd).

The 80gb was canibalized from my shuttle
the 250gb was 232 bucks

The whole water cooling setup was about 250 (including figuring out how to get the NB to stay on, all the cutting + sheetmetal etc).

only one word says it all

"DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN....i mean DDAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMNNNN?!?
thats sweet.

Man you got balls...water cooling...WOW!!!
Are those pc3200 Reg/ECC. I notice during video encoding or when doing 3d animation, Reg/ECC really does make a difference. I would get glitches when encoding or system would freeze when running 3d applications.

Last edited:
it is not reg/ecc as the iwill board does not support that feature (or so i was told). Sandra is dling now, and ill run it asap, (should i lcose down my instances of f@H?/)

Int buffered is 2540 MB/s
Float bufferd is 2535 MB/s

I get the feeling something is really realy wrong here. I think it might have to due with the 4 isntaces of f@h runnig, 3dsmax rendering and my jukebox open.

Or did i configure this machine really relaly relal ywrong??

well i dont have ECC or Reg since my mobo supports neither. Hmm im going to see if there is an update for my northbrdige drivers or something

DayUSeX said:
well i dont have ECC or Reg since my mobo supports neither. Hmm im going to see if there is an update for my northbrdige drivers or something

Ooops I'm a total goof. Did not see the other post. What kind of settings are you running? Maybe the ram timings are too loose.

Back