• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a new graphics card!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TBH there is no point in getting that gpu it will be a waste of money since it will barely run most games at acceptable settings.

You will definitely need to swap that psu since it is limited to 220w, is there is maximum you would like to spend? Since that is the first step to buying what suits you best.

I would suggest:

GPU: 5770
PSU: OCZ 600w

Will cost around $150 with rebates and will give respectable performance, however you could go for a better gpu but that would push you to around $200 total...

Also what games are you planning on playing?

Last edited:
In that case:

XFX 6850
PSU: OCZ 600w

$170 with rebates.

However it looks like it uses a small form factor PSU so I am not sure the atx psu will fit...

If so I would possibly suggest swapping cases, you can get some pretty cheap ones for ~$20, but I'm not sure if that is something you would want to do.

Last edited:
Now if you do not want to go through all that hassle, you can get away with this in your current case. It will play most games reliably at medium settings which is pretty reasonable.

However I am still skeptical about the PSU...

I'm eventually just going to get a new computer, until then I just need a temporary update. I don't really want to buy a new case and I don't know if a double slot card will fit, especially because of the massive fan.

So with that do I need a power supply upgrade as well? And are you sure it will fit?

So with that do I need a power supply upgrade as well? And are you sure it will fit?

No psu will be required it runs off of PCI power.

Judging from the image it should fit however I cannot say for certain, the only issue I see is the CD/DVD drive getting in the way.

No psu will be required it runs off of PCI power.

Judging from the image it should fit however I cannot say for certain, the only issue I see is the CD/DVD drive getting in the way.

What about the big fan right by the back?

Well, from what I can see there is some venting there. But the card will definitely run hotter than usual.

You have a fan mounted on the vent?

Looking at the picture you linked you may get away with it. I assume it is an 80mm?

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Back