• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Need some help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

I am running a old i7 920 w/ 12gig of ram W7 64 bit desktop. I never have any problem updating Windows. Lately, Windows failed to update my computer. Its sucessfully installed update BUT Windows 7 failed to configured the computer and therefore I got a failed update.

I tried Microsoft tool.> FIX IT tool and it fixed my computer configureation and check Marked OK. BUT I am still having the same above problem. Can it be my Anti- Virus causing Windows 7 to failed configuring my system? I am running Norton 2012 edition and Malwarebyte Anti_Malware. The thing is , I did not had any of this problem before. Can you help me out?

What is the error it is failing with?

It does not specified what error. It finished installed update. Then PC restarting and configure the system, that where it is failed to configured and reverted back to the the original setting.

Is it trying to install one update or several? I have had win 7 fail to install several updates and have to do them one at a time on occasion. It's slow as hell, but it works in the end (for me it did anyways...)

Back