• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think my 9700pro AIW is dead? Is it? and would this be better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord_Zoltan

Hey guys, for some reason my 9700 pro aiw modded with a new heatsink and ram sinks died. It wasnt my mod that killed it. See i modded it 1 year ago. It has been in my case and not touched since, yet i cant start my computer when its in all of a sudden. I get all artifacts to the bios but now i cant even get to the bios just discontinous heartstopping beeps!
So if anyone may know how to fix it or .. if its dead please help me there?

and I was thinking about getting a 9800pro. I dont have the money really but if my card is dead i have no choice im getting paid today so i might jsut be able to pull off my insurance and it. Well see, girlfriend's fancy dinner is gonna have to wait lol.

How would this VC ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB DDR DVI TVO , compare to my 9700pro aiw. I read a review and it said there wasnt much difference and that the 9800 was only getting 1 or 2 more fps .
Whats the difference between my 9700pro aiw, this 9800pro and this VC ATI RADEON 9600PRO 256MB DDR DVI TVO ?

If i have to which would be best to get because i cant find 9700pros i dont know why.

IS this true, is the 9800 really that much better. Thanks I really would like a non biased open im not sure if i should just get a 9800 or cheap out and get like a 9600, please not i need TV out i watch movies and play games on my tv all the time or like a regular gamer on my lcd, and i love having allt he EXTRAS and cranking them in the game. thank you.

A very sad overclocker right now, Zoltan.

Last edited:
Back