• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I wake up this morning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey bro, if you decide to go with another cpu just let me know, lol, I have plenty of things to do with my 965. I only put it up for sale cause I knew there was a few people wanting one. :)

Hey bro, if you decide to go with another cpu just let me know, lol, I have plenty of things to do with my 965. I only put it up for sale cause I knew there was a few people wanting one. :)

thought you would post on this.
but i cant decide im stumped here. its either i grab a mobo now (im probably gonna grab your biostar..SHHH dont tell anyone) wait and save about 200 and grab a 6core or 970. or take the 965 which is at a amazing price and be happy with it.
idk :shrug:
oo and i just read some of the reviews on my motherboard on newegg and one review stated that my mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...e=10&IsFeedbackTab=true&rdm=40#scrollHelpful1 does not support c3 processors is this true?

Last edited:
Lol, decisions decisions! I read up on those new ones, they might be great, but its not like bulldozer is coming out next month. :). I just want you to know that I don't care either way, you make the best decision for you. I take no offense. Ill hold it till you decide! No worries!

I would definitely wait until these new CPU's come out, because they are certain to bring even greater price drops, or more performance at the same price point. I was also thinking about selling my 965 for a 1090T, but I think I will wait now.
Keep in mind, also, that bulldozer will be coming out in ~6 months.

Lol, decisions decisions! I read up on those new ones, they might be great, but its not like bulldozer is coming out next month. :). I just want you to know that I don't care either way, you make the best decision for you. I take no offense. Ill hold it till you decide! No worries!

ok well thats good to know. (one less thing to worry about haha)
now il just wait for some more people to come into this thread and help me make my decision :soda:

I would definitely wait until these new CPU's come out, because they are certain to bring even greater price drops, or more performance at the same price point. I was also thinking about selling my 965 for a 1090T, but I think I will wait now.
Keep in mind, also, that bulldozer will be coming out in ~6 months.

whats coming out in 6 months?

oo and i just read some of the reviews on my motherboard on newegg and one review stated that my mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...e=10&IsFeedbackTab=true&rdm=40#scrollHelpful1 does not support c3 processors is this true?
That's horse pucky. If your board will support the 965BE C2 it'll support any X4 C3 CPU as well. Never believe the feedback on Newegg.

As for your spending dilemma, are you having problems running apps with your 550? If not, I'd put the money under the mattress and wait for the new CPUs coming out next year. It's not 100% certain that the new CPUs will use AM3 (though there's a good chance they will) so watch and wait is a better option to me. In short, I'd choose Door #3 ... ;)

Last edited:
That's horse pucky. If your board will support the 965BE C2 it'll support any X4 C3 CPU as well. Never believe the feedback on Newegg.

As for your spending dilemma, are you having problems running apps with your 550? If not, I'd put the money under the mattress and wait for the new CPUs coming out next year. It's not 100% certain that the new CPUs will use AM3 (though there's a good chance they will) so watch and wait is a better option to me. In short, I'd choose Door #3 ... ;)

I would agree and disagree.

I agree that if it supports C2 it supports C3. I disagree (tentatively) on waiting.

You can wait for ever (look at all the nvidia guys that waited 6 months to get a better vid card.. they finally switched and bam nVidia comes out with something new. Except now ATI is due to release new stuff in 2 months... (for vid cards)

You want to play the waiting game you will do it forever.. if its out in a few weeks wait.. if it is months away.. don't bother. (Especially if you can benefit from the extra cores or speed. that months of productivity you lost to wait for the next upgrade... which hell... the next upgrade is only 12 months away why not wait for that? The following upgrade is 12 months away... you get my point?)

Zosma is due out next month.. but bulldozer is more than a year away before it is reasonably priced. (IE worth what it costs)

You want to play the waiting game you will do it forever.. if its out in a few weeks wait.. if it is months away.. don't bother. (Especially if you can benefit from the extra cores or speed. that months of productivity you lost to wait for the next upgrade... which hell... the next upgrade is only 12 months away why not wait for that? The following upgrade is 12 months away... you get my point?)
I did put that caveat in my post, asking if there were problems running apps with his 550. If there aren't any problems (i.e., no immediate benefit to an upgrade) then what's the hurry? :shrug: Also, I wouldn't necessarily wait a year or whatever for Bulldozer - but waiting long enough to be certain about the Bulldozer socket might be prudent before buying a new board, again assuming there's no immediate benefit to an upgrade.

Overall, though, I agree with you. You can wait forever for the next new thing so if there is an immediate benefit you may as well just do it ... :)

The "real benefit angle" is the key, I want stuff all the time, I guess sometimes it's just the urge to have something different to fiddle around with. Anyone can spend their money anyway they see fit, Sometimes though you really need to stop and think about if there is really going to be any worthwhile benifit to the money spent. Having had to put my girls through college the past few years has sure made me alot more picky about what and when to upgrade. I guess I'm just jealous of you young un's and the abiltiy to upgrade whenever you want......:)

well i have some issues multitasking. running music + playing a steam game will slow me down a bit. but thats not really that big of a deal. also i am able to unlock my cpu to a tricore. its not 100% stable but i can get a 3dmark06 run with it. with it unlocked i get almost 20,000marks, without it unlocked just at a dual i only get 17,000. so i am bottlenecking. so what im trying to say is i feel that my gpu is overpowering my cpu.
and scot you are right. im 17 and i dont have very much to worry about but i do have to spend my own money. Parents hate when i buy more pc parts. And yes i do love having new things to fiddle around with who doesnt :thup:
but there is a used motherboard someone has on the forums. its Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5. price is good and that will let me up grade the cpu next month. or i could just buy the 965 frome xoke and have that hold me of until next year
what do you guys think? open to all ideas/comments :salute:

Last edited:
Nut up or shop erroneously :screwy: Buy the board, wait. You already know it has more potential in pros than cons and you will not sleep at night, ceiling cat will not allow it until you have the board. Knowing that I ask, "where are all the gay Indians?" ! If you don't get the board you will die a little inside...

Good Luck, make it happen soldier :salute:

Nut up or shop erroneously :screwy: Buy the board, wait. You already know it has more potential in pros than cons and you will not sleep at night, ceiling cat will not allow it until you have the board. Knowing that I ask, "where are all the gay Indians?" ! If you don't get the board you will die a little inside...

Good Luck, make it happen soldier :salute:

i like this guy :salute:
hes very convincing

Back