• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I wish Evga Made more AMD MB's.. -Need MB advise.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Short_CirktZ

Registered
I'm just getting tired of MB shopping. :-/ I'm planning a new MB, Dual GPU and new Case build for later this year.

I liked the M3A Asus boards, but I like the features of the Evga boards. I suppose I like the Black, dark boards.. I'm not a fan of the Lego looking boards, but the GB board I have (fried) performed GREAT!

I want about 6 I/O panel USB's, 2 PCI-E slots, 90* SATAs, 8 Pin CPU power plug, and full chipset heatsinks.. And Phoenix BIOS, I hate AMI BIOS.

I LOVE how this board looks, too bad it's an expensive i7 board.
141-BL-E760-A1_LG_5.jpg

This is the GB Board I have: GB MA790GX-DS4H. I fried something when I did a CMOS reset Wrong. -Drunk comp fidgeting.
0353816.jpg

Can someone just help me find a cool looking board that performs and has the onboard devices I need.. :eh?: Can anyone recommend a MB repair site? I'm gonna try to send it back to GB for an RMA, but I think the warrante is expired.

Well, tell us what features you need and want in a board, I mean besides what it looks like. Do you take it to dinner or something? Why do your care what it looks like so much?

^ I'm really not sure.. Just me I guess... And the last mb I took to dinner, kept spilling it's beer.

Like I said above:
I want about 6 I/O panel USB's (I need 8-10), 2 PCI-E slots, 90* SATAs, 8 Pin CPU power plug, and full chipset heatsinks.. And Phoenix BIOS, I hate AMI BIOS.

Also, 7 series chipsets. 790nb and I think the 750 is a typical SB.. ATI Series, NO micro boards.

I mind as well just get my GB board fixed..

Are ECS MB's any good?

Last edited:
Yep, sorry, you did say what you wanted in the original post. Missed that line. What do you think about Award bioses? I certainly agree with you about AMI bioses. I've got one now on my ASRock board and its the worst thing about an otherwise good board. Took me a long time to figure out their terminology. It's not very user friendly, even cryptic. Haven't had Phoenix bios in a long time. Most of my boards have had Award bioses and I liked them.

Oh, man, I just did some research and learned that Phoenix has absorbed Award.

I guess it's all a matter of what you're used to. I used to be comfortable with Phoenix but for the last few years I've had AMI and love 'em. :)

Thanks for the update, trents - didn't know Phoenix has taken over Award ...

....What do you think about Award bioses? I certainly agree with you about AMI bioses. I've got one now on my ASRock board and its the worst thing about an otherwise good board. Took me a long time to figure out their terminology. It's not very user friendly, even cryptic. Haven't had Phoenix bios in a long time. Most of my boards have had Award bioses and I liked them.

Oh, man, I just did some research and learned that Phoenix has absorbed Award.

I love Award Bios... I may have mistaked Phoenix for Award. I think my GB board had Award BIOS. There were SOO many options it was great! Took a bit to get used to, but it wasn't that hard.

I don't like AMI because there was very little to work with. Like the Asus Boards, good board, crappy BIOS.

About time they did something with AMI, tho. Frickin junk.

You may have misunderstood me. I didn't say ASUS was cheap - I said their cheap boards were junk. I'm still very much an ASUS fan. Their high-end boards are some of the best out there for OC'ing and it's been that way for at least three years now. ;)

s939 / A8N32
AM2 / M2N32
AM2+ / M3A32 & M3A79-T
AM3 / Crosshair III

All of those boards are at the top of their class and my A8N32's are still running after 3 years of 24/7 SETI duty - the oldest has over 26,000 hours virtually non-stop at load. The DFI's of that era, it's only real s939 competition, aren't doing nearly so well in the longevity department ...

ok.. I've done my research on an i7 build... Scratch that! WAYYYY tooo expensive!

I'll update my needs.

I would like 3 PCIE slots now. Crossfire chip... 2 for crossfire and one more for a second monitor.

I KNOW these questions are annoying, but what's the BEST AMD motherboard out right now? How come I'm having a hard time finding one with three (Xfire) PCI-E 2.0 Slots.

Every single ASUS board I have ever owned has had been RMA'd atleast once.

I am such a Gigabyte fanboy now it's somewhat offensive.

ok.. I've done my research on an i7 build... Scratch that! WAYYYY tooo expensive!

I'll update my needs.

I would like 3 PCIE slots now. Crossfire chip... 2 for crossfire and one more for a second monitor.

I KNOW these questions are annoying, but what's the BEST AMD motherboard out right now? How come I'm having a hard time finding one with three (Xfire) PCI-E 2.0 Slots.

Look at 790FX boards from DFI ,MSI and ASUS they have what you are looking for .

Look at 790FX boards from DFI ,MSI and ASUS they have what you are looking for .

I can put a good word in for the 790FX GD 70 MSI. Its a awesome motherboard, top quality. And it has the ability to quad-crossfire (like anyone will lol).

I was told a while ago by an IT guy that MSI boards are junk.. But that was a couple of years ago before I learned that most computer guys are biased.

I was told a while ago by an IT guy that MSI boards are junk.. But that was a couple of years ago before I learned that most computer guys are biased.

Lol. MSI boards are pretty good, a long time ago they used to have capacitor problems but they solved that ages ago.

I went with the 790FX GD70 because... I got a MSI laptop which really pleased me so I decided to go for their motherboard, and because it got good reviews, it OC's pretty darn good, it looks decent, and has 4x PCI E slots.

mgd7003qf6.jpg

Mind you it does have bright blue lights on the mobo, quite a bit of them, as well as a red one at the bottom, but I think it looks pretty awsome when its on and its a nice layout (aside from the fact the LED display will get blocked if you Crossfire).

part5z.jpg

^^ Yea those two blue lights are on the mobo, bright lil buggers.

Last edited:
Lol. MSI boards are pretty good, a long time ago they used to have capacitor problems but they solved that ages ago.

I went with the 790FX GD70 because... I got a MSI laptop which really pleased me so I decided to go for their motherboard, and because it got good reviews, it OC's pretty darn good, it looks decent, and has 4x PCI E slots.

*pic

Mind you it does have bright blue lights on the mobo, quite a bit of them, as well as a red one at the bottom, but I think it looks pretty awsome when its on and its a nice layout (aside from the fact the LED display will get blocked if you Crossfire).

*pic

^^ Yea those two blue lights are on the mobo, bright lil buggers.

WOAH!!!! THAT'S IT!!! THAT's WHAT I'm looking for!!!! What BIOS? I'm lookin into it now..

Farggin awesome! :eek:

OMG this is a hardware junkies DAY! I found out Radeon 5870's are coming out in time for Win7!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Back