• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 2700k and GTX 970 temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mattyts

Registered
My system is cooled by a Corsair H100i water loop with the fans running at 500 RPM,I have an additional 6 120mm case fans.

What are the below temps like? too high? they were while playing War Thunder at max settings.

43ca8f63002bf56963635256541d007d.png

7dda1df54b42523736f97ec76180d350.png

The GPU is an IChill GTX 970.

Those temps are quite low. You have a LOT of headroom for overclocking.

See on your CPU readout where it says "distance to TJMAX"? That's how many more degrees you have to play with.

Do try to keep the parts below 80-90C though for longevity's sake.

Depends on the water cooling employed. With a high end AIO unit or custom loop I would agree with that statement but there are a lot of inexperienced builders out there that think water is magic and that any water kit will cool better than any air cooler.

My much hotter 3930k stays under 63C at full load with a cheap 212 Evo. The fact that a 240mm watercooler on a 2700k gets around the same full load temp means the watercooler is junk or (more likely) there is some error in the install or bad airflow. (Try cleaning the coil with a bicycle pump if you have been using it for over a year.)

My much hotter 3930k stays under 63C at full load with a cheap 212 Evo. The fact that a 240mm watercooler on a 2700k gets around the same full load temp means the watercooler is junk or (more likely) there is some error in the install or bad airflow. (Try cleaning the coil with a bicycle pump if you have been using it for over a year.)

My money is on a bad mount too.

BTW OP the latest version of Coretemp and HWmonitor are what I would use to check temps.

Last edited:
Back