• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ic7-max3....wont go above fsb 269

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.R.wes

Registered
:eek: ok i had the is7-e had the same problem did the vdimm mod (thanks to LARVA).......IT DIDNT HELP.got the ic7-max3 twin xms 512 3700(466) ram 3448 2.4c @1.625V 269 FSB IS STABLE any higher it wont boot. vdimm @2.8v the cpu temp at idle is 37..under load is 43-45.can anybody help me?
:( :mad: :bang head :cry: :temper:

There are a few things to think about here. First, what memory ratios have you tried? Maybe some more info on the settings that you have tried. Also you need to set your GAT settings to Auto with the last two options set to disabled. Third, the memory itself could be a bottle neck. I'm not sure what type of chips that your corsair has, but the max3 really doesn't like ch-5 chips esp when you're not running 1/1.

Have you considered that you may have reached the Max OC for your CPU as well?? 269FSB is nice OC.
Honestly don't expect to go much higher. Each CPU is different in it's ability to OC. Each persons setup will have its own limits. Know that a OC'ed system will only OC as high as it's "Weakest" part.
There are many variables to take into account. Good luck and keep us posted.

I just bought a Max 3 , I hope I get 269 fsb , I want 3448+ .
what NB cooling do you have ? is the hs properly seated , , you may need to change that as batboy did here .
good luck

silent bob

well i was running 5/4 divider on mem. i went to 3/2 and now i can hit 271 fsb.....

as far as the nb ...i was thinking the same thing silent bob..NOOCH!!!:D i threw a 40mm fan offset on top of the abit hs(after taking out the stock fan) i will let you know.......BONG!!!!!!

Back