• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IDEAL Overclock settings for EVGA 960 GTX 2GB SSC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

isogamer

Hi, i just got Evga 960 GTX 2gb superclock GPU card. It comes factory overclock but i do get some frame drops for certain games with certain situations. It runs at a constant 60fps, but games like GTA 5 and BF4 with certain parts and levels i get about 5 fps drop but happens only every now and then. I would just like it to run constant 60 FPS, and would like to know an ideal OC settings for this card?

I am using Zotac Firestorm to OC this card. I know there is Evga Precision, but just don't like the interface to that program and Firestorm to me is nice and simple and seems so far to do the job.

What would you guys recommend for the settings to be for this card? Also i really don't want to up the voltage since not only it breaks the warranty, but in the long run harms the card from what i read so far. Since this card comes factory overclocked is it even worth overclocking it further? Cause i am assuming the company who OC this card did it for this cards best performance? But ofcourse would like it to be better if possible.

With my slight OC settings i am getting about 6 to 7 FPS extra.

Attachments

• default oc setting.JPG
    default oc setting.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,679
  • OVERLOCK SETTING.JPG
    OVERLOCK SETTING.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,928
It is worth it to try and overclock it more. I would not worry about the voltage limit EVGA keeps it safe for you to overclock. What screen resolution are you running in your games?

You should be able to push that card 75 to 100 mhz over stock pretty easily. It will help with your frame rate a little but I would not expect any major performance increases.

It is worth it to try and overclock it more. I would not worry about the voltage limit EVGA keeps it safe for you to overclock. What screen resolution are you running in your games?

HEY, thanks for the quick response. I really don't want to mess with the voltage system not so much towards the card being unstable, but i am worried that it can break the warranty i have for this card? If i did have to increase the voltage how much should it be with this firestorm program that i am using?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey REALLY thankful for your help. IN the pics that i provided where should i be exactly with the

GPU clock speed: ?
and the
Memory clock speed: ?

and do i really need to up the voltage if done so?

You will have to test and see... every card is different!

You don't have to adjust voltage..but you will be limited in how high you can overclock. Adjusting VT age does not void the warranty.

GPU clock speed: ?
and the
Memory clock speed: ?

and do i really need to up the voltage if done so?
Isogamer, no one can give you exact settings for an overclock. As ED stated every Gpu/Cpu is different, download Heaven benchmark and run it push the Core clocks +5/+10 Mhz at a time and when you start seeing artifacts add voltage or stop, then do the same for the memory. The Gpu is safe guarded from Nvidia so unless you modify the BIOS or have extremely high ambient temperatures you're not going to hurt it adding voltage.

Back