• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE8 Is Drag and Drop of Tabs into Favorites possible??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I'm using IE8 with Windows 7 Enterprise (company computer).

I cannot just drag/drop a tab I have open into the Favorites list off the left.

Is this impossible to do in IE 8???

I can open tabs, but in order to add a tab into the Favorites "folder" off to the left, I have to click on Favorites>Add to Favorites (star w/green + sign)

If I drag/drop a tab, the cursor turns into a circle w/a diagonal line through.

I can add tabs to the toolbar w/a separate button, but this is not what I want.

Does anyone know if what I need is possible?? I can't believe it's not possible eesh.:mad:

I have a newer version, but it acts the same way. Would CTRL + D work? That should be faster than dragging the window.

Really??? I thought for sure IE had this feature by NOW. I was almost going to DL the newest version or a newer one. That function does work, thanks! Still not mouse driven though, pain in my rear. I've used FF forever and never looked backed.

Yup, tested on 10/11 since that is what I have handy. I was surprised when I tried to drag out the URL (the old Firefox method) and it just highlighted text.

Back