• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm looking at buying a 360 AIO but Which to Choose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaddMutt

I'm looking to pick up a 360 AIO but which one to buy.

DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm Captain 360 AIO @ Newegg for $110.00
Fractal Design Celsius S36 360mm @ Newegg for $113.00
Corsair Hydro Series, H150i PRO @ Newegg for $169.00
NZXT Kraken X72 @ Newegg for $180.00

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate @ Ebay for $125.00
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R @ Ebay for $160.00
Swiftech H360X3 @ebaY for $165.00

Or are they all roughly the same. I will get the same quality out of anyone of them??

Thank You For Your Time :)

I've been using that Deepcool for over two years now without a hiccup, so I like it. My chip is at the high end of safe voltage, and it will hit 100C running Handbrake, etc.. Some of that is the lousy ambient temps, some just the limitations of an AIO. With the power saving stuff (C states and so on) I can usually get a 25C idle temp with a 22C ambient temp. It definitely outperforms the Corsair h100i that I had, and overall it's pretty quiet. It's the not the best AIO, but it's far from the worst and the price is a pretty strong selling point, too.

Of the ones you list only the Swiftech has a copper radiator, so I would get that one. The Fractal is nice too but it's only aluminium. Copper is definitely better for a small pc rad than al imo. Swiftech sells it for $165 as well.

I've been using that Deepcool for over two years now without a hiccup, so I like it. My chip is at the high end of safe voltage, and it will hit 100C running Handbrake, etc.. Some of that is the lousy ambient temps, some just the limitations of an AIO. With the power saving stuff (C states and so on) I can usually get a 25C idle temp with a 22C ambient temp. It definitely outperforms the Corsair h100i that I had, and overall it's pretty quiet. It's the not the best AIO, but it's far from the worst and the price is a pretty strong selling point, too.

I thank you for your advice but the DeepCool is a install it and forget it. From the reviews, (7) if you messed with it, it would leak.

Of the ones you list only the Swiftech has a copper radiator, so I would get that one. The Fractal is nice too but it's only aluminium. Copper is definitely better for a small pc rad than al imo. Swiftech sells it for $165 as well.

I debated your option for over 1 hour. I have all the stuff - leftover - from a few years ago. I would just need a New Block, Rad, & Hose and I would be set. That put the cost around $150.00 but I didn't want the hassle of a BIG setup.

I ended up going with the Fractal Design Celsius S36 360mm. I chose it because it had many (50+) good reviews and it also allowed add-on later. If I decide to expand it later, all I need is another Rad :)

I Thank You for your advice in helping me chose :thup:

Reviews from..........? Newegg? All those are good for are DOA information. Most anyone who drops those little reviews have little clue. Even the 'reviewers' there are mostly questionable.

Please mark the thread as SOLVED. :)

my only concern with adding another rad would be the pump. most aio pumps dont have the power to run another rad(maybe a 120mm). if you have a pump from an old build i would get that spliced into the loop if you add a new rad.
enjoy the low temps!

I would have gone with the best CS of them all so with that said, Corsair would have been my choice.

Reviews from..........? Newegg? All those are good for are DOA information. Most anyone who drops those little reviews have little clue. Even the 'reviewers' there are mostly questionable.

Please mark the thread as SOLVED. :)

Part of my decision on the Fractal Design Celsius S36 360mm was the number of + reveiws on Newegg.

I would have gone with the best CS of them all so with that said, Corsair would have been my choice.

I had considered Corsair but their cheapest 360 AIO was $169.00 without tax. I was trying to stay under the cost of a new CPU Block and Radiator.
What I really wanted was Enermax's 360 AIO that started at $149.00 w/o tax. It's "Rated to 500w" cooling power would easily handle my Intel -5960x or AMD 1800x CPU. From the information that I can find on it though, it's only for the TR4-SP3 Sockets :(

Back