• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Impossible download speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hippy Lemonz

Registered
Back when Titanfall was in beta, I managed to download the whole ~20GB game in around 1 hour. This surprised me because my download speed normally maxes out at around 8 Mb/s. I really would like to know how this is possible because it seems to me that I might not be getting the download speeds I should be getting. I would also like to note that the game worked perfectly after install so I wasn't missing any files.

8Mb/s isn't that fast, we have 18Mb/s download at the house, and used to have 50Mb/s download.

8MB/s is pretty quick though, that would be 64Mb/s.

I know the difference. What I am saying is, my connection is now (and was at the time) 8 Mb/s (Mega bits) but in that one instance, I downloaded ~20 GB in less than an hour which is closer to 8 MB/s (Mega Bytes).

OH! I see now.
I've had game servers do that before, I'm not sure why, but it does happen from time to time.

It's almost like the ISP didn't see it to throttle.

haha yeah, I would prefer it if I had that speed all of the time but I can't have everything i guess.

No kidding!
I'm fine with the 18 down, but the 50 down was :drool:

I just need more upload.... 1Mbps up is killing me :rolleyes:

Reset your modem, router, and restart your computer in that order. I'm willing to bet your speeds will change for the better.

That ping is horrible, as well as the speeds. Call your isp.

Also, try a direct connection between your pc and modem.

Origin must have good servers or something because my average home download speed is 300KB/s and I hit 1.2MB/s while downloading titanfall for a few hours!

Origin must have good servers or something because my average home download speed is 300KB/s and I hit 1.2MB/s while downloading titanfall for a few hours!
means nothing without knowing what speed you are supposed to have from your provider...

That said, I get what I pay for on origin servers so long as it isn't release day on what I'm downloading. I've seen 9MB/s constant from origin.

Back