• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Impulse purchase imminent...help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alzerm

Specs are in sig and I currently have a 23" VS239H-P I use for very little gaming nowadays since not very many new games have caught my attention. I am tempted to make a purchase of some sort either hardware wise and or games. My worry is that I won't be able to max out gfx settings for newer games much longer with my 7950 either. Because of this I am tempted to sell my card and either pickup a 290x or wait 300 series to see what that has offer/price drops. If I do that I will then want to upgrade my monitor so I can actually put the new card to use.

Another issue that arises from that is games. I haven't really been wow'ed by any games aside from like Black Dessert (which kind of looks repetitive now). I like FPS games like the BF series and Bad Company series but Hardline looked boring to me. ARMA III which I have I don't really play because I don't have anyone to play with on there. DayZ Standalone style games are pretty cool as well but H1Z1 was play to win and heard from a buddy it was pretty bad. Guild Wars 2 has an expansion coming out but I don't know if it will hold my attention very long.

Any suggestions on similar games to those, open world, and or strategy games similar to the Total War/Civilization series? Would rather purchase a game that I can run on my current hardware instead of feeding the impulse and future proofing my setup for games I might not even like later.

Someone help me. Idk what to spend money on but I need to spend some haha.

Starcraft is a pretty good RTS game
World of Tanks and Hawken is my current fav game also and it's a f2p game.

At for GPU, i suggess you get a GTX 980 and be happy with it because it's a very good card, will last for about 2 to 3 more years before you need to upgrade again.

Back