• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In need of a Z97 board for my I7-4960k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Narrian

Sorry, I meant the 4790k****, cant change titel :(

I'm building a new PC after 3 years, my old system I7-2600k/GTX570(Died last year, upgraded to 770), Asrock Z68 Extreme 4, 8gigs DDR3 1600 Ram, 120gb SSD, and a 500gig Storage Drive.

In need of a Z97 for around $150, any suggestions? I've already ordered a Modular PSU, a new case, and using the same RAM, Graphics card, and Drives. Got paid today, and looking to order the CPU and Mobo asap.

Great choice, you won't be disappointed.

Very nice choice on the PSU as well :)

Why, exactly, would you overpay for that Z97-PRO?

Recently bought an Asus ITX z97

Really like the board a lot more than the mid to lower line of the AsRock boards currently available

I would over pay or IMO get what I believe to be a overall better value.

I used to recommend the AsRock E6 a lot. It is not a bad board by any means

The OP will more than likely be happy with the Ex 4 as well.

I simply can not get past the advertising of fully digital power delivery, when in fact it is a hybrid analog delivery

Although as funny as it seems the OCF line of board are a true digital power delivery

I was unaware of this fact until a friend of mine pointed it out to me.

That coupled with the what i believe to be a very simple and straight forward BIOS makes this the perfect choice for both experienced as well as novice users

So you're going to pay $40 more than the Extreme6 for a board with a lesser feature set?
Nowhere does it say that it's fully digital, their site says that it is a Digi Power design. That simply means it is a PWM design.
The power delivery is more than adequate for almost any user. I doubt it would even flinch at taking an i7 sub ambient.

Sorry, but I'll buy the board with the better feature set that's $40 cheaper.

So you're going to pay $40 more than the Extreme6 for a board with a lesser feature set?
Nowhere does it say that it's fully digital, their site says that it is a Digi Power design. That simply means it is a PWM design.
The power delivery is more than adequate for almost any user. I doubt it would even flinch at taking an i7 sub ambient.

Sorry, but I'll buy the board with the better feature set that's $40 cheaper.

And that my friend is why we are individuals :thup:

I really like the Asus z97 boards.

Having had the opportunity to use both the answer is yes, I would pay the 40 extra.

That being said the open box i linked is a nice deal as well

Please note, I am not saying the AsRock boards are not nice boards, they are :)

Back