• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In search for 8rda3i owners...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have actually seen some that are convex too!

And by plastic vs Copper:
3200+asus2.jpg

temp_sensor_nf2_nb.jpg

Bryan d.

Hmm, is that FIC board on the first pic? Seems very simmilar to one I had (AU13). I dunno what that white stuff is - proly some kind of a thermal substance. Off with that suckah :D!

Well I have been doing more research on the subject of BIOS modding and have found some neat info that may help us poor 8rda3i owners out.

One word.... Modbin6

Hopefully I can muster up the courage to actually use what I have learned. I have already found unknown functions hidden by Epox and enabled them but just have not flashed my board with the modded BIOS.

Right before I do my complete upgrade, I will flash my board with it, but for now... I actually need my comp to be working and cannot allot the money to new hardware.

Bryan D.

PS - Anyone wanna try?

Hehe, go ahead mate, I think I'll skip :D:D:D

What would the hidden options be? Have an idea?

Im stuck with work ATM myself, but hey, maybe I'll give it a try in near future. Currently, my RAM and board both peak very close together so modding it with new BIOS does not look like a must. Anyway, if you decide to do so...make sure you drop by!

BTW, did I ask you how far did you managed to push the board? Mine does 225 (tested Prime), maybe an extra MHz or two would go, but its near the max. Hmm, it just struck me - I need multis from 9 - 10,5 < these aint working now. Do you think modded BIOS can help? Cuz I was just about to do the L12 trick...

Cheers!

Gofra,

Well right now I am not using my 8rda3i because I am revising my WC. And I did not reach higher than 200MHz FSB because of my RAM compatibility issues. Right now I am using my new backup which is also an Nforce2 but is a mATX Aopen MK79G-N.

If I am not successful with my new upcoming mods... I will try my modified BIOS after I hot flash my backup chip. Dang, 2 dangerous procedures.

Also, you say that you have peaked your overclock already? You do know that with CPC turned off, you may hit 250. Can you imagine 2500MHz with a setup of 10X250?

Laters,
Bryan D.

PS - The board am using right now is an Engineering Sample.

CPC turned off? Woot woot...? No idea what we're talking 'bout here Bryan (blushin)...
Well, Im not exactly sure I hit the max, but I can do Prime @ 226 but fail to boot @ 230 (RAM and CPU both on dividers). Now, Im not sure if that "boot atempt" failed due to some other reason unknown to me, but it seems it was the FSB stopping it. Who knows realy.

Gosh, I spent my entire day searching for moded BIOS for the board and no such luck. Do you happen to know if doing the L12 trick would help getting the FSB higher? I've heard folks do it on other boards...
Also, do you test the board with the FSB selection jumper on or off? I took mine off...

...and good luck with FLASHING!! (expecting report here!)

Cheers ;)

The L12 mod is one of the mods I will be performing aswell. I here that it helps for some and does nothing or actually decreases their overclocks. I will perform the pin method so I can remove it if I want.

When you were running 230, were you sync or async? If you were running sync then it may have been your RAM that was holding you back. Have you tried lowering your multiplyer and upping FSB? Remember that with high FSB your are stressing your NB and RAM significantly.

CPC, is just a new term for "Command Rate". The nForce2 boards (with the exception of the DFI I believe) all run the ram at 1T instead of 2T (kind of like CAS, RAS...etc). With 1T you get much better performance with the sacrifice of higher overclocks. With 2T you will be able to have greater overclockers because of the lax timing but your performance will not match 1T at the same clocks though. I am persuing it mainly to get my RAM working in this board. The NF7-S BIOS w/CPC OFF, will allow my RAM and also allow sick overclocks too!

Bryan D.

PS - Will probably flash next month.

I just finished 12 hrs of Prime (Blend) @ 228 FSB: pass! That is 1:1 (sync) with RAM.

Now the funny thing:

- if I lower the FSB (and the CPU speed below stock) and just test the RAM (so, async), errors occur at speeds above 228 (Memtest 5 only). At 228, it passes all the tests looped with no errors.

- if I raise the FSB up to 230 and use dividers on RAM (async again, so it wouldnt be an issue while testing the mobo only), I cannot boot - the screen goes blank (monitor off). But with 228 (as mentioned above), I can not only boot, but pass the Prime so its perfectly stable.

Kinda strange dont you think? I mean, mobo and RAM peaking at the same speeds? Or maybe Im just lucky...Or could it be that the only reason I cannot go reach or go above 230 FSB is that dividers I use for RAM and CPU arent the "best" ones and thus make RAm or CPU work with "strange" speeds (by strange I dont mean too high...) Anyway, so far Im very happy with what I have. After all, its value RAM.

As for the CPC, I cannot set it in my BIOS so I guess its running 1T as you said then. One of many reasons I would like to try the moded BIOS also. And the L12 pin mod - same. I would much rather see it come with BIOS since I dont like to take my rig appart agin(done that to many times lol). I was said to use THIS guide to help me get what I want (that would be the 10,5 multiplier in my case) but have realy no idea if this mod will the block the other multiplier and voltages settings in BIOS or not. Cuz who knows, maybe I will need to change either of it and with the pin mod blocking me I would have to tkae everything appart again. Oh BIOS BIOS, where are you? :D:D

Good luck on your overclocks - until later.....

Cheers!

This board is just...blah, I think Im loosing my mind.

The fact reamins: I cannot boot if I pass the 229 mark. No way. 228 on the other hand, is perfectly stable in Prime. So, goddamit, what am I missing??!

If I raise Vdd up to 2.0 just for the purpose of testing, I can reach around 235.

Also, when testing RAM only (divider, FSB set to something below 200), I can sometimes boot with say, 135 FSB, but cannot boot with 134 or 136. So, could the board be picky about its FSB eventhough its below stock speed? Its problematic, because I cannot make 1 or 2 MHz jumps with RAM testing. I did find out now, that my RAM can handle somewhere near 234 (only one loop of memtest 5) at 2,5 - 3 - 3 - 11 and 2.9. With 2.77 I can do 229MHz.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suma sumarum: I cannot find out my board's maximum neither can I do it with my ram. Finding a combo is even more difficult. I know I am very near but for the purposes of burning in, I would like to know where the real wall is.

Just an update - no need to answer here ;)

Back