• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Infinity AM2 Board, Can't Find my SATA3 Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SStrokerAce

I got another system I'm working on and decided to run a DFI Infinity NF UltraII-M2 Board.

Got everything in and working other than the SATA3 HD. I wanted to take my old HD drop it in, swap over the programs and files and then format it and then reinstall a new version of Windows on it. Problem is the BIOS FINDS IT! and then will not boot into WindowsXP. I'm stumped.

I realize the next option is to leave it in the old rig, and setup a network thru a router and do it that way but right now the dam new system and my cable modem aren't playing nice either. That's probably just my service provider though since i've had that crap happen with them before when you plug in a new board.

Bret

If you boot off of a windows CD, when you get to the first prompt for action, press ENTER

then, the agreement page... Press F8

On the next screen, do you see the hard drive or does it say "hard drive not found"?

If it doesnt see the drive, then you will need to find the drivers to create a diskette for the controller (probably came with the motherboard, I'd imagine)

When booting off of the windows CD, press F6 when the blue screen first appears. Use the floppy to load the drivers, so that it can see the drive. That is your problem.

If you have an existing copy of windows XP on the drive, and want to use it as it was on the old computer, use ENTER -> F8 -> R to start a windows repair. This will install the essential files over windows, then you just have to do the chipset drivers first thing in windows, and then the other drivers.

Hopefully this is enough info to do anything you want to do.
Good luck

Back