• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing Windows 8 On Multiple Machines!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kitsune

Registered
Hey guys, so I purchased Windows 8 today, and the guy at the counter said I couldn't install it on multiple machines as Microsoft would ban the CD-Key and render it useless. :mad:

Now, I have multiple machines in my house I'd like to install it on, and with previous versions of Windows obviously we could just phone and register it, same with formatting my PC, I'd just ring up and activate it.

My question is, can I still do this with Windows 8? I've used this for all previous versions of Windows and have had no problem...

Thanks!

As wingman99 said, you need one license per computer and we do not discuss how to get around that limitation.

Save for Windows 98/2000/earlier you could NOT do this with previous versions. Now, if you're talking about taking an OEM license and installing again because you upgraded your computer, yes that is possible.

But multiple machines, no. At least not for consumer versions of Windows.

Back