• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel dual-core to ship in Q1 2005

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Intel roadmap makes no reference to dual cores in the first half of 2005 so expect them in minimal quantities in the 3rd quarter I would say. What price whichever company is behind the other tries to do a paper launch!

According to Intel's roadmap, they'll be pushing out the 2M cache 6xx series P4s first during the first half and I'm pretty sure they don't be pushing out the dual cores at the same time. So it'll have to be H2 before they'll have the dualies out.

Sentential said:
I stand corrected. However I will say that AMD has had function Dual-Core Opterons for atleast a month now.
A very interesting report...for the AMD forum.

WTF is with all of these AMD people coming in here and pooping on this thread? :confused:

What appears to beyond your understanding is that this is not your thread. Any forum member is entitled to post in it assuming they do not violate forum policy (as your did with your flame). Sentinel's comment constructive, unlike yours. This section has been declared an adult one, so grow the bleep up.

Sorry, I would normally say that in a more subtle fashion, but I felt absolutely no obligation to candy-coat it considering the immaturity of your stance in this thread.

uclajd said:
A very interesting report...for the AMD forum.

WTF is with all of these AMD people coming in here and pooping on this thread? :confused:
<I dont post by section, I do it solely by "search new posts">

Hey man... the truth hurts. Just take a look for yourself:
http://www.amdzone.net/modules.php?...ns&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=56&page=2

opt13090dualcore.jpg

I have yet to see physical evidence of a production ready dual-core. Unless I see that my stance will not change.

AMD's next-gen chips are slated for 1st / 2nd quater 2005. That much is fact. We will see dual-cores eventually. But I still think that AMD will have their out first. Based ONLY on the fact that they have shown and proven working dual cores.

This is an interesting race, that just got a little more interesting. I would be interested if Intel actually did start shipping these in the 1st quarter of '05, but I have doubts.

In a sense it would in my opinion be a mistake to just ship something to be first if it were not a very good product and offer not much more then current products. I would rather be a close second and have a better product.

I agree with Sentential about Intel lacking any information about shipping these soon. What I mean by that is, it may be reliable information, but being first to have dual core chips out for the average person, would be a big publicity deal that you as second can't get. So we shall see in the 1st quarter how it plays out.

Back