• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel firmware patch issues (Meltdown/Spectre)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have an Outlook reminder to toggle the on/off button for that option every 34 days. ;)

Good idea! At the school I provide IT support for I checked the 35 day pause option for two machines that got into a reboot loop because of the patches. They were older AMD machines. We should probably do that for all of them on a schedule like you did. Unless, that is, Microsoft issues a correction to that problematic patch before then (here's hoping). I remember telling one of the other IT helpers when we did this earlier this week that this ting was going to eat us up if something doesn't change. It strikes a machine or two or three here and there depending on when the updates come and when a reboot occurs. Most of our classroom computers are those older AMD machines that are particularly vulnerable to this.

Back