• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel P 630 & Corsair DDR2 5400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tjodolv

Hello guys,

Ive been trying to search and read a whole bunch here at ocforums reg my case. Ive been reading alot of interesting stuff, but I still have to post a question.

My spec:
Abit AA8 3rd-eye (seems for me very oc friendly)
Intel 630 (3.0ghz) EM64T
Corsair Dual channel DDR2 5400 PRO (fancy leds on them lol)
Geforce 6600GT PCiE

For startes I raised my FSB from 200 to 230, temps seem fine 35 celsius idle and 46 load. And runs stable (I recon it should at this "low" speed)
I think I can go a bit higher without temp concerns.
Ive set everything at auto (voltage, ram etc) in bios, except FSB.
I notice I have many settings that I can adjust manually if I want to, but I dont know what it means.
My Uguru page in bios looks like this:
Ext clock : 230
Multi factor : x15
N/B Strap CPU as : AUTO (can choose between 533/800/1024)
DRAM freq: AUTO
PCIe clock: 100mhz
PCI clock: 33,33 mhz
Voltages control : all AUTO
and under advanced chip feature Dram timing is : AUTO (can choose man/auto/SPD?)

Can I trust the auto setting on my AA8 to adjust these settings properly for me as I continue raise the FSB?

What would be my optimal setting for my system? RAM, Timings, and so on.
I am not so experinced in this matter, so I want to ask you for some good advise. Is my CPU:ram ratio good (it is 3:4 now)
I know the RAM modules handles 667mhz or more (read som reviews), but it says only 303mhz in CPU-Z?

Looking forward to read alot of tips and tricks I can do with my comp.

I hope this is not a stupid/demanding question.

Regards
Guz

This post is rather mobo specific so you may want to try the Abit Mobo forum.

I can chime in on your ram questions tho. First, my ability to determine cpu/ram ratios is shoddy at best but that sounds like youre running a 2/3 ratio instead of 3/4. Hince the reason your memory is @ 303mhz. At 230fsb 3/4 your memory should be running 345.

I was running the same memory for a little while and the best timings I could get @ 667 was 3-3-3-8...ymmv. The SPD for those is 4-4-4-12 so I would set DRAM timing to manual and set them to 4-4-4-12 at first. Then try tightening the timings setting by setting until your system isn't stable. You can use MEMTEST86 to test stability.

Ok, thanks for your reply.

Should I post this again in the mobo section, or can I get a moderator to move it for me?

Guz

Back