• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Pentium 3-M... Desktop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mhayenga

Registered
Hey,
I was helping a friend build a cheapo-desktop and we were salvaging from her old/dead laptop (mobo cratered). After making the desktop, I asked if I could take the laptop cpu for myself, she said yes...

So... now I have a 1.06ghz P3-m as spec-ed here. As you can see it comes in a socket 478 (p4-like) form factor. I was wondering if anyone had any links/information to people getting these things working in desktops. I've heard rumors about people wanting to/doing this with more recent Pentium Ms.. But have no hard evidence/information of people doing so.

Any information would be *greatly* appreciated.

I've never heard of it. Because the chipsets for P4s just can't work with them. I would bet money that you could NOT do this.

sweet, thanks man... I'm looking for it online now... So far I've found similar versions, even one that might work, but not sure yet. I'll keep looking, but if ya find it at a place, please write back.

Thanks again

you can always sell that cpu to someone that wants to upgrade his notebook and buy the much better moble barton

yeah considering that option now too... (got a pm from someone here on the forums inquiring if I might decide not to use it).. I'll know within a week

Back