• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel's Snake Oil & Completely Insane Anti-AMD Marketing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Intel released a series of slides in a presentation attacking AMD -- and bizarrely, it was an actually publicly available presentation. The bitter, out-of-character attack reeks of the glue era of Intel. We're not sure why the company is talking about "snake oil," showing used car salesmen, and contradicting its position of "latest is best" and "latest doesn't matter" in the same deck, but it is. We were in San Francisco when this deck dropped, so we made the most of our time and wandered the streets while making a scene ranting about Intel.

Apparently they did something similar 3 years ago?

Intel is somehow losing this battle, and their marketing looks more desperate than usual. While AMD is releasing new products with some significant changes, Intel is mainly releasing "refreshes" and bumping the wattage.

I wasn't watching linked videos. Personally, I dislike GN. However, I know what it is all about as it was all over the web a couple of days ago.

Back