• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ip35 PRO board wont install windows ? need help fast please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kikiasad

hi

please help me with this problem:

2 x Abit IP35 PRO with
2 x same dual core processor
2 video cards(nvidia 9600 & another one)
2 power units
3 hdd
4 x mushkin

changed coolers, tryed to use bootable USB or dv and made all possible configurations with what i have but:

windows wont install. it stops at copying windows files 0% or sometimes passing to "expanding windows files " where it takes like 3 hours to get to 30%.

all was working fine before this windows instalation but i "had " to use the switch to clear cmos.

anyone can help please? i am in such a hurry...

thank you

P.S. - UPDATE: all that was with Ultra ATA HDD and cables and now i use a SATA HDD, copied and expanded Windows files but after first restart wont boot from that hdd, stopped " verifying DMI pool data " right after startup screen.

any ideeas ?

Last edited:
That was confusing...

Anyway, what SATA port is it plugged into? Make sure it is 0-1 (native to intel chipset).

all was working fine before this windows instalation but i "had " to use the switch to clear cmos.
must select boot drive and order after you clear the cmos...

If it was boot order, should have gotten the "DISK BOOT FAILURE" error......

If cleared cmos may be memory voltage.....If i recall the IP35 Pro defaults to 1.8v.........Might not be enough for whatever sticks your running to operate with stability.

If it was boot order, should have gotten the "DISK BOOT FAILURE" error......

If cleared cmos may be memory voltage.....If i recall the IP35 Pro defaults to 1.8v.........Might not be enough for whatever sticks your running to operate with stability.

none of the above.
well finnaly convinced the pc to work with a sata hdd . dunno why but it works now only with sata hdd...

windows didnt boot from the IDE drive because you didnt install the drivers for the IDE controller. as in either via cd/usb before the main install of windows you need to install these drivers. part of me thinks this is windows xp since windows 7 afiak shouldnt have this issue with a older JM controller. The JMB363 controller was added for PATA/IDE support as the intel ICH9/ICH9R does not have/offer PATA/IDE. The JMB363 is also responsible for the 2 eSATA ports on the board.

windows didnt boot from the IDE drive because you didnt install the drivers for the IDE controller. as in either via cd/usb before the main install of windows you need to install these drivers. part of me thinks this is windows xp since windows 7 afiak shouldnt have this issue with a older JM controller. The JMB363 controller was added for PATA/IDE support as the intel ICH9/ICH9R does not have/offer PATA/IDE. The JMB363 is also responsible for the 2 eSATA ports on the board.

sry, it's win7, and even if i made it with this sata hdd, the ide hdd still wont work to copy files from it.

how is the drive jumpered, master slave or cable select? also after getting win7 installed did you get driver for the JMB controller installed? PATA/IDE isnt just plug and play like sata is..

hi

please help me with this problem:

2 x Abit IP35 PRO with
2 x same dual core processor
2 video cards(nvidia 9600 & another one)
2 power units
3 hdd
4 x mushkin

changed coolers, tryed to use bootable USB or dv and made all possible configurations with what i have but:

windows wont install. it stops at copying windows files 0% or sometimes passing to "expanding windows files " where it takes like 3 hours to get to 30%.

anyone can help please? i am in such a hurry...

thank you

P.S. - UPDATE: all that was with Ultra ATA HDD and cables and now i use a SATA HDD, copied and expanded Windows files but after first restart wont boot from that hdd, stopped " verifying DMI pool data " right after startup screen.

any ideeas ?

Looks like bad ATA cabling and/or a bad optical drive.

Looks like bad ATA cabling and/or a bad optical drive.

OR the HDD itself is having issues. What I typically have seen, if it is a bad Optical drive it should "eventually" pop an error OR the drive should be audibly spinning up and down over and over and over and over and over again.

OP is there a specific reason you were installing to IDE anyways? I have a small stockpile of IDE drives SOLELY for the few remaining systems I have that DON'T have SATA capability. Excluding the "loaner" laptop (P3 500), and the workbench laptop (NC6000), I am removing or replacing those with better capable HW. It is getting difficult to find reliable IDE drives and it isn't really worth the hassle anymore.

OR the HDD itself is having issues. What I typically have seen, if it is a bad Optical drive it should "eventually" pop an error OR the drive should be audibly spinning up and down over and over and over and over and over again.

Yep, the HDD may be dead.....

ty all for answers.

somehow , dunno how my problem it's solved with a sata hdd.

ide hdd is ok in another pc, voltages/cdrom/windows disk and all other told here were not the problem because i eliminated them one by one.

well at least problem is solved even if i dont know how ( i just tried dozens of combinations between different parts and settings ).

ty again

Back