• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iptables port forwarding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fatticus

so trying to forward some port ranges for battlefield 3 to run properly can some one just check my rules and maybe point out what im doing wrong ?!

for example..one of the ranges im trying to forward udp 14000-14016 to my gaming rig with static address 192.168.100.51 and br0 is my bridge interface's which my pc is hardwired into.
so i would input

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp -i br0 --dport 14000:14016 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.100.51

and then

iptables -A FORWARD -p udp -s 192.168.100.51 --dport 1400:14016 -j ACCEPT

...as i write this i think i may need to make the prerouting interface eth3 wich is my wan interface .....

other than that ..am i way off or what ?! bf3 still says Disconected from EA server every time i go to play a game !
..there are about 3 other ranges of TCP and UDP ports that i also am trying to forward .. but same rules different protocol and port range..

Im going to use different firewall/router software soon but in the mean time i would like to get this working.

**edit ..all policy's are DROP

**EDIT you can delete this thread bone head error i was using wrong interface in prerouting...derp.

Last edited:
Back