• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my laptop heating up too much?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SheepInAJeep

I have recently bought a new laptop and i am wondering if my laptop is getting too hot.
Specs: AMD quad core A8-4500M accelerated processor 1.9 GHz

8GB DDR3 SDRAM

750GB hard drive

AMD Radeon HD 7640G + 7670M dual switchable graphics

I have downloaded SpeedFan so here are the results:

Normal usage: HD0:38c
Temp1:50c
GPU:44c
GPU:48c

When gaming(team fortress 2):
HD0:38c
Temp1:70-77c
GPU:56c
GPU:60-68c

But is my laptop so hot that it's damaging the computer? Or is this normal and won't really damage it?

Laptops run hot when gaming. You could ask the maker of the laptop on thier website, they might have a thread about temps etc already.

In short, your temps are okay, it won't melt anything. Don't forget to blow the dust out every month or so where the fan is.

Only trying to help.

I don't know if this will help, i use to vacumm the dust and fluff out of the VENTS in the bottom and side of the Laptop. Also i got a ZALMAN COOLER for a Laptop, it runs off the laptop via USB Connection this way it gets it's POWER. The Fan is adjustable on the unit up or down and most of all it's silent.:welcome:

P.S. I will take a look at my AMAZON acct to give you the model number.

ZALMAN 17" INCH NOTEBOOK COOLER WITH 220MM FAN MODEL NO, ZM-NC3000S.

(Please bear in mind this only an idea to help with your heat in your Laptop.)

Last edited:
Yea, that can help, forgot the exhaust vents. We don't hear a lot about laptop temp issues, so dunno if it's really hot. What are you measuring temps with? Laptops can be tricky because they use wierd ways if temp monitoring.

AMD or Intel? Coretemp if AMD, but need something else for the GPU. Try Hardware Monitor maybe.

Back