• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my SSD Samsung Evo 850 failing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sew333

Hello. My SSD: Ssd Samsung Evo 850 250 GB, motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI,

So i want to write about my issues with Windows 10 just before format, when i was on MBR partition. I want to be sure that my SSD is fine or not.
So listen.

Windows 10 get somehow broken.
First. When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows. Automatic repair started every restart of pc, every start of pc.

Next.When i was in Windows 10. Task manager and event viewer was not responding and some of the applications stop responding. I was clicking and nothing happening.

Somebody with the same SSD Samsung Evo 850 get similiar issues and ssd was faulty.

Link:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2600057/samsung-850-evo-festival-problems.html

He said:
" From this point everything went to hell, and after multiple windows reinstalls here's some of what happens:
- Windows installs but errors immediately follows;
- Some windows updates install but eventually start failing until windows update fails completely;
- Windows installs, updates install but eventually windows fails to load and enters repair mode claiming startup errors;
- Programs stop working for no apparent reason, some examples: Browsers won't run, file associations disappear (class registration errors), explorer;
- Driver problems with peripherals,
- File system corruption errors;
- I got situations where the computer would get stuck in a reboot/system restore/repair loop "

Its similiar issues.

That was similiar symptoms to my symptoms what i get before format. And he change ssd and issues are gone.

So thats mean i have faulty ssd or not necessary?

Also this is my smart , look and check:
image.jpg

Smart is fine, no errors in memtest86, and i have normal good SSD benchmark scores. Any ideas why i was get problems? Is this related to my SSD or more software cause?

Have you tried reinstalling? If not, I would do so. It sounds like the disk has become corrupted in some way that Windows cannot repair. You need to repair with a reinstall.

If your PC is overclocked, I would back that out during the reinstall at least and long enough to be certain that everything is operating correctly.

I would also check cables and make sure all are properly seated. If your motherboard has some SATA ports on the chipset and some on another chip I would try swapping between them. If you have a different SATA cable you can try swapping that. (These things can be done before reinstall in case one of these is causing the corrupted disk symptom.)

Someone more familiar with Windows can comment on drivers and perhaps BIOS update.

Good luck!

You said:"It sounds like the disk has become corrupted in some way that Windows cannot repair. You need to repair with a reinstall." But i was able to get through to Windows 10 but after second time after restart from Automatic Repair.

So that issue + applications not responding was related to my ssd ?

No my pc is not overclocked.

So that issue + applications not responding was related to my ssd ?
Maybe.

I would do this... start fresh.

1. Be sure you have the latest firmware for the drive... (I dont care if you "doubt" that is it...please do it).
2. Secure erase the drive. You will need to initialize the drive on another PC. Format it there as well.
3. With NO OTHER DRIVES ATTACHED (except CD if you need it) to your PC, install W10.
4. Get the latest chipset drivers and me drivers from the mobo website. Install chipset drivers, reboot, then install ME drivers, reboot.
4. Does it work now? Keep the drive. Same problem? RMA it.

Oh and for those following our favorite ham, here are his other threads from other sites:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f16/is-my-ssd-samsung-evo-850-failing-1112097.html
http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47251-my-ssd-samsung-evo-850-failing.html
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=29389502

If you repeat the same question twice from this thread, it will be closed.

Last edited:
EarthDog ii am on fresh formatted disk and installed Windows 10 in GPT partition long time. And no issues anymore. But i make topic because i want to be sure that issue before format was caused by ssd or not.

Because somebody said about similiar symptoms and ssd was faulty:
"" From this point everything went to hell, and after multiple windows reinstalls here's some of what happens:
- Windows installs but errors immediately follows;
- Some windows updates install but eventually start failing until windows update fails completely;
- Windows installs, updates install but eventually windows fails to load and enters repair mode claiming startup errors;
- Programs stop working for no apparent reason, some examples: Browsers won't run, file associations disappear (class registration errors), explorer;
- Driver problems with peripherals,
- File system corruption errors;
- I got situations where the computer would get stuck in a reboot/system restore/repair loop "

"

EarthDog ii am on fresh formatted disk and installed Windows 10 in GPT partition long time. And no issues anymore. But i make topic because i want to be sure that issue before format was caused by ssd or not.

Are you kidding me? Who the heck would know??!?!!!! Its working now.

This is the second time (at least) you started a thread here where your problem was already resolved. You didn't even mention it in the first post and wasted our time...again. There is no point to double back and ask questions (like this anyway) after you have solved the problem. Thread closed. :screwy:

EDIT: Look at how many forums you spammed this to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: https://www.google.com/search?q="Is+my+SSD+Samsung+Evo+850+failing?"&filter=0&biw=1920&bih=1018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back