• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a current program available for SPD flashing ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
Looking for a way to edit the timings stored in the SPD of my DDR3 memory modules.

Searching on the forum i've seen mentioned "SPDTool" but it apparently has not been updated in years. Latest available is v 0.63 & that is from '09 (I think)

Anyone up on all things memory that can point me in the right direction ?? :)

It's even working.
Now things that you may not like about it:
- you can use it only on one board, if you want more , buy more licenses ...
- often updates, like every 1-2 months, seems ok but each time you have to send mail to support to get updated version, now think that is weekend or some holidays and you can't use it even though you paid for it ...
- license is working for 1 year only, even though you can use it after that time then often updates will change it to demo version, so after 1 year pay again ...

If you wish to correct SPD/XMP for new platforms and DDR3 memory then it's not worth it. Most boards already have about all timings that you can set in SPD/XMP with one exception, Intel boards don't have tRC option.

Last edited:
Does SPDtool work at all with DDR3?

All I know is that just one DIMM's SPD should be edited at a time and the computer rebooted with only that DIMM installed, to verify that the SPD is correct. Because it has wrong data written to it but there's another DIMM with a good SPD is in the system, the motherboard will use the good SPD for the other DIMM, at least if the DIMMs are the same size.

SPDTool is not working on new boards. It's working on DDR3 but it's hard to find board which is compatible. On most boards you can read data but won't be able to write anything.

There was also evga tool but is working only on some evga boards ( 1 chipset or something ).

Back