• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there a problem with my GTX 970?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZaidRockso

Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
I7-4790
3 corsair fans ( Front bottom top ) and one case fan at the back.
HyperX 8gb ram
h182-smph mobo
Corsair RM650 osy

Unigene valley i can't score more than 2400, 2300 average...
Over here... http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/09/19/nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-review/10
3rd and 4th choices are gtx 970s, with more than double my score.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2357068/evga-gtx-970-ftw-unigine-valley-benchmark-scores.html
Again double, what's going on?
( 1 day old card )

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/unigine-valley-benchmark-scores.183712/

( Every score higher than mine , and yes i'm using the same presets )

Imgur album with the 3 screenshots :(

Witcher 2, pretty old game, runs at 50fps at max graphics, and that's with stuttering and tearing.
Assassins creed black flag , runs max at 45gps, severe stuttering.

Continuing to test and being dissapointed, help needed :(

Last edited:
Not one of your links work for me...

Isn't this related to overclocking your GPU from your other thread?

Updated links, sorry, and no, the previous link i had was to do with overclocking and achieving max, now i'm trying to determine why my stock gtx970 isn't performing as it should be.

Sorry - your pictures don't show your score... the articles don't mention FPS just the score. I would like to see more relevant photos if possible. Can you make it a screenshot? The pictures of your monitor are not clear in that I can't read some numbers. Just hit printscn button, paste in paint, and attach to the forums (not 3rd party host).

Id like to see the final scores and FPS at the end of those runs as well as having MSI AB run through the whole thing to show what you already have. :)

THanks!

Last edited:
Sorry - your pictures don't show your score... the articles don't mention FPS just the score. I would like to see more relevant photos if possible. Can you make it a screenshot? The pictures of your monitor are not clear in that I can't read some numbers. Just hit printscn button, paste in paint, and attach to the forums (not 3rd party host).

Id like to see the final scores and FPS at the end of those runs as well as having MSI AB run through the whole thing to show what you already have. :)

THanks!

All of this +1.

I can't tell a thing from the info given. Help us help you :)

So, tried something, ( although the last driver i used for those tests were up to date ) i uninstalled the drivers , installed from the cd, then update through geforce. then benched again, this time getting better scores but i still want your approvals!

All tests below are made with : Heaven extreme preset ( which is x900 not x1080 ) and Valley Ultra settings x1080 but 0 Anti aliasing

Previous bad score
Valley only ( didn't save old score of heaven )
After reinstalling and updating :

Valley : Heaven :
After reinstalling and updating and overclocking +135 to core clock and +400 to memory :

Valley : Heaven :
Only difference i notice is the versions between the old and new : old is 10.18.13.5850 and the new is 10.18.13.5887, Could that have been the problem? And can you verify that my scores are typical of gtx 970 now? Sorry again, very clear i'm not tech savvy, hence needing your help!

You are doing fine Zaid... but I can't see the pictures from the office (they block 3rd party hosts). As I said earlier, try to attach to the forums. In the reply bar, there is an attach file function... use that. :)

In the meantime, you linked up some results earlier on the benchmarks, and if you are running the same settings, then you should be able to compare it to those! If it is close (within a couple %), then you are set. :)

None of the tests they're showing in those links are using the Extreme HD preset. On the Extreme HD preset those scores are a tad low, but nothing a little overclock can't fix. You should be hitting between 2500 and 3000 somewhere with the Extreme HD preset.

Also...looking at the pictures in your first post, it looks like you had VSync on. You'll want to make sure it's set to off in the NVIDIA control panel before running benchmarks. = )

Last edited:
Back