• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a site like pcpartpicker that I can spec out a laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

Wife's laptop is starting to show its butt, and I dont really feel like dealing with it.

14"
i3-i5 ish
ips panel
more than 4gb of ram (6 is fine) OR have expansion with 2 dimm slots.

Dont care about the rest, I can simply clone a hard drive to an ssd or whatever I need.

if she'd take care of her crap, I'd buy her that. Laptops last her a good year, I normally just get refurbs lol. 500$ maybe too low for what I asked for, TN panel would be fine honestly.

Ive sincerely considered a passive aggressive move like getting her a toughbook lol. The IPS panel was more "For me" than her, she probably couldnt tell the difference lol.

Ill post some things that caught my eye in a bit.

edit:

"Jump to Does Cricut Design Space work on a Chromebook computer? - No. Cricut Design Space requires a Windows or Mac operating system ..."

So no chromebooks, which sucks because thats all she really needs windows for.

What about a used Thinkpad? They're built very well and you might be able to find a great deal.

I wouldn't hesitate to get her that 14" Latitude, they're built like tanks.

I wouldn't hesitate to get her that 14" Latitude, they're built like tanks.

^QFT. I watched a cat knock my ex wife's Dell laptop 6 feet to a tile floor. Chunks of the case flew through the air when it hit, and she still uses it today, almost 5 years later. That was after the dog ran through the charging cord and yanked it off the table as fast as a 75 lb. Chow can run indoors. Dell laptops have been tough as nails in my experience.

Dell laptops have been tough as nails in my experience.

Especially the higher models. The Latitude, which is their business line, is very well built.
I'm still using a Sandy Bridge era Vostro to this day as my personal laptop.

The one I saw used as a soccer ball was just a Dimension. Big chunks of plastic missing from it and it works fine to this day. Other than having Vista, that is. LOL

Back