• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there going to be a G71 to counter the R520?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
either way - what if put simply those 32 pipe's cant be unlocked period - end of story - they may show in riva turn - perhaps the software is reporting it wrong?

Way to kill the optimism we had there. :cry:
How does that make you feel? Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

FANTASTIC!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAH :) - see, now you have more determination to prove me wrong :D more fuel for the fire.

hehe - sorry - i broke the time machine, i had NVIDIA melt it down so they could use the metal to cut off the extra pipes in the core, since they were short and almost shipped the card with unlocakble pipes :) - i could not allow such proof to be made and had to crush all of your precious little dreams of saving money and getting top end performance - the 6800GT -> ultra era is OVER

BUAAHHAHAHAHHAHA :D

Either way NV is in the best position it has been since the FX debacle. They are dominating the mid range sales, have the top performance card in market now while its competitor isnt even paper launching its answer to it, so they have plenty of time to work on and get the kinks out of their next release. ATI is the one playing catch up now. NV let us all sit with the turd FX cards and worked on a totally new line while ATI followed its current progression. Now that progression is reaching its limitations and NV's is still in its infancy with alot of growth ahead of it. This should force ATI's hand into a new core of sorts sometime soon I would assume or maybe already has as I have been away from the PC scene for a few months while moving. Just my $.02

Nandro said:
Either way NV is in the best position it has been since the FX debacle. They are dominating the mid range sales, have the top performance card in market now while its competitor isnt even paper launching its answer to it, so they have plenty of time to work on and get the kinks out of their next release. ATI is the one playing catch up now. NV let us all sit with the turd FX cards and worked on a totally new line while ATI followed its current progression. Now that progression is reaching its limitations and NV's is still in its infancy with alot of growth ahead of it. This should force ATI's hand into a new core of sorts sometime soon I would assume or maybe already has as I have been away from the PC scene for a few months while moving. Just my $.02

3DFlyer said:
Yes, he's "echoing your sentiments". It's a form of flattery actually. Means he agrees with you, and it bears mentioning again, because what you say makes sense. :)

Welcome :)

Back