• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this a good fan for water cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its not bad, especially for the price, but there are definitely better.

We really need more information to make an accurate suggestion though. What radiator are you using?

ok im useing black ice stealth rads and if there are better please give me links to them im not worried about price.

That's a 30fpi radiator. You need some serious fan pressure for that.

and are there any fans you can recomend? i cant find and fans with more preasure that that

well with the case im using 38mm fans wont cut it as they are to big for what im doing

Post a link to the rads hopefully you haven't bought them. ID advise you to read our stickies for a few weeks and ask questions after that then you'll know what's good and bad.

If you can't change your radiator, I would pick up some Gentle Typhoons. If you can change your radiator that would be great. In that case get some Gentle Typhoons, or Yate Loons if you want to save a few bucks.

i can only change the rads if the rad i change to is still only 30mm thick.

You should've bought the case last but since that didn't happen you have to work around what the case can handle so, my best bet to you is going with the slim rads which are usually 20-30 FPI. You'll have a noisy operation but will do the job.

Really??? :confused: What is the standard for a high FPI rad? I would think that would be enough. The question is how accurate is it. ;)

Martin (for his testing) seems to use 3.5mmH2O or higher for anything 20fpi and up.

Not only that, but he is still getting large performance gains from 2000+RPM.

I doubt the OP wants to have fans running that fast due to the noise level, although with that high of fpi, to quote Conumdrum "120mm thick AP29 or AP30 GT fans. Buy earplugs."

i think im going with the fans rustylivz posted look im going to have push pull on all three rads so im not worried to much about it at this point. if the fans i get end up being worthless then ill go look for something crazy like a 3000rpm fan. for now ill stick with the B-blasters

i think im going with the fans rustylivz posted look im going to have push pull on all three rads so im not worried to much about it at this point. if the fans i get end up being worthless then ill go look for something crazy like a 3000rpm fan. for now ill stick with the B-blasters

If you can do push-pull, why not get some 38mm fans that'll move serious amounts of air?

because if i use 38mm fans i wont be able to do push pull not enough space.

Back