• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this powerful enough to .....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TanariLord

Can someone please tell me whether or not an Enermax EG651P-VE power supply will be enough to power for my system as follows: (please note that currently I am running on a Powerman 350 watt power supply, but I haven't installed the water system and pielter yet) (Also, I'd appreciate any suggestions or input that anyone may have on how to improve my PC, thanks!)

Inwin Q500 case
3.5 Floppy Drive
Kenwood 72x CD-Rom Drive
Plextor 12/10/32A CD-R/W Drive
Pioneer 105S 16x DVD-Rom Drive
Maxtor DiamondPlus40 7200rpm 30 GB Hard Drive (upgrade: soon)
Abit KT7-Raid Motherboard (upgrade: DDR Abit board when available)
2 X Mushkin 128MB PC133 Cas 2 Rev. 2 @ 148mhz (upgrade: PC2100)
Athlon 800mhz TBird overclocked @ 924mhz (upgrade: 1.2 TBird 266FSB)
Processor currently cooled with Thermaltake Super Orb (upgrade: below)
3 X 120mm Sunon Fans
80mm Sunon Fan
3DCool Monitor Cooler (80mm case fan)
120 mm YS Tech Fan (attached to cooling cube/radiator) *to be installed
156 watt pielter *to be installed
SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Platinum w/ Live Drive
Allied Telesyn PCI Network Adapter Card (Cable Modem)
3COM Gaming Modem (Back-up to my Cable Modem, just in case ;)
ATI Radeon 64MB DDR (upgrade: Geforce 3 when available)

That's it. What do you think? Can the Enermax power supply handle all of that and maybe the addition of a second hard drive? Or should I keep my 350 watt power supply and run the pielter with it, or something else completely? I am not sure, please help? Again, any and all suggestion for improvements will be appreciated! Thanks!

Brian

Yep but know that your 12 volt line will probably put out about 11.77 volts and your 156 watt pelt will run at 110 to115 watts.

That's a 600 watt psu - I don't think it will have a problem supplying the juice, even with the peltier. If you do run the pelt, check the 12v rail to see if it is being pulled down. If it is then run it from the 350 watt supply.

With regards to my post I have done it successfully. With or without the pelt, my 651 runs at 11.77 volts on the 12 volt line. With a 22C ambient, -5C idle and 29C at full load with the specs in my sig. Also I have a lot more stuff drawing from the 12 volt line.

Back