• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this stuff any good ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

salsoul

Hi,

This was surplus to requirements :p @work

I have no experience with Shin-etsu TIM and I have always used Artic silver since As2. I am currently using AS5. there is no info on the syringe to say what model it is. Ive had a look on the microsi.com but still no info, can anyone advise please ?

Is it any good ?

cheers

sal.

Attachments

• shin 001.JPG
    shin 001.JPG
    940.8 KB · Views: 48
Shin Etsu is average, probably on par with AS5. I've lost count of how many TIMs I've used from all the heatsinks I've owned over the years, and my personal favourite is Arctic MX-2... it just rocks.

Shin Etsu is average, probably on par with AS5. I've lost count of how many TIMs I've used from all the heatsinks I've owned over the years, and my personal favourite is Arctic MX-2... it just rocks.

this stuff is solid it come out like butter from the fridge (hard to spread)

do I need to warm it up a bit before applying ?

Yeah let it warm to room temperature. TIM should have a goopy and viscous consistency; it shouldn't be hard.

Yeah let it warm to room temperature. TIM should have a goopy and viscous consistency; it shouldn't be hard.

thanks Ill leave it out overnight in the kitchen and apply in the morning..

this TIM is the first TIM ive used that looks like butter.. thought it might have seperated in the tube :)

Back