• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've Gone Retro Need Help On Best Games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Where I live this shop has just opened up and it deal's with retro games going back into my best years as a gamer. It's got Mega Drive, Master System 1 & 2, SNES, Game Gear you name it I even found some Amiga 1200 games :eek:

I've been a proud owner of some classic consoles and still am I have my Mega Drive 1, SNES and Master System 2 in there boxes. Problem is I either lost or sold some games and can't seem to remember which where the best.

For my Mega Drive I have the following (Some Missing Cases and Manuals :eh?: ):

Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2 & 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Earthworm Jim 1 & 2
Golden Axe 2
Gunstar Heros
Streets Of Rage 1 & 2
Shinobi 2 & 3
Jungle Strike
Urban Strike
Rocket Knight Adventures 1 & 2 (Also Known as Sparkster)

SNES Games:

Killer Instinct
Alien 3
Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2
Axelay
UN Squadron

Master System Games (This Has Been Hurt Bad With Games :cry: ):

Wonderboy 3 - The Dragon's Trap
Sonic The Hedgehog 1 (Built Into System)

Can anyone post there best games so I can see if I can find them at this new store. Retro games like these above have had me hooked alot more than today's games on PS2 and 360 over the last few weeks.

Master system:
Space Harrier
OutRun
Alex Kidd

SNES:
Super Star Wars, Empire Strikes back. Return of the Jedi
F-Zero
Star Fox
Pilot Wings
Street Fighter

Genesis
MoonWalker (no kidding!)
Mortal Kombat
can't remember other good ones you don't have at the moment

Mario RPG for the SNES, TUrtles in Time is a quicky.

Other than that, you may wanna pick up the megaman X games for SNES

SNES
Every Super Mario game is awesome.
Zmobies ate my neighbors
Turtles in time indeed is awesome.
Contra game pwns
Chronotrigger
Final Fight

Sega
Toejam n Earl - i loved that game
Spy vs. Spy
California Games
Contra Hard Corps

Last edited:
For SNES:

all the final fantasy games except for Mystic Quest, though you may want to get it just to complete the collection.

Chrono Trigger
Donkey Kongs
Megamans

I've been through my attic I found my copy Mortal Kombat 3 :) I remember in 1996 my partents got it for me for x-mas. I bought a SEGA POWER mag which had all the moves in it and cheats it was awsome that game. I also found would you believe or not Turtle's In Time. I remember renting that from BlockBuster for 3 days I finished it and then bought a 2nd hand copy of it.

I also found OutRun on my master system too. I'm going tomorrow to see if they have any of the games you've all mentioned. Which where all classics I'm ****ed off cause I've lost my Mario Allstarts, Mario Kart & Mario World :bang head

F-zero on SNES was fun :D

Sonic 2 was my fav. sonic, after a while, the newer ones started getting just "blah" like.

Snes:

Super Castlevania 4 (still one of my favorites)
Zelda, A Link To The Past
Super Metroid
Mortal Kombat II
DK Country 1&2
Secret of Mana

Ahhh megaman X and chrono trigger. talk about classics. IF anyone has chrono trigger, I want it Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :p

My ex-roommate had a SNES and other consoles. I've posted about this before, but I'd always play his games wrong because he would get so mad. :D

Anyhoo, he had Wing Commander. I don't remember what the fighters were called, but if IIRC, after a number of missions you'd be able to get some some elite light fighter that you'd have the option to keep for the rest of the game. It was one of two fighters that had the lightest, longest-ranged laser.

So he got the thing and just to irritate him I flew out of the carrier, turned it around, started firing at the carrier and just kept ramming it at full throttle (it should be pretty easy to picture this kind of idiocy).

Well, amidst all of the yelling, I discovered that if you could damage the fighter to the point where you knocked out one of the lasers while still leaving your power intact, it would channel all of the power through the remaining laser. If you could keep any other fighter in your sights, you could blow it up in one burst. I think it was even good enough to take out the capital ships.

I'd still sit down for an hour and play that.

Sega Genesis and Snes were two of the BEST systems of all time in my opinion.

Another fun game for the Snes was Micky Mouse... (I forget the whole name), but it was made by Capcom.

Snes
Super mario kart
mario allstars + lost levels + supermario world
SUPER GAMEBOY
Stunt race FX
Simcity
NBA LIVE 95
STARFOX
err... can't remember the rest... but that system pwnes...

Back