• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iXCC Beast - RGB Mechanical Gaming keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
Going to share some excerpts and a link and I am curious about others who have used these Outemu switches, I have only ever used Cherry Mechanical switches.

First I got to say this is a tough little board, a little bland for my taste but for the money, it can be as bland as it wants to be. Anyone who know me... they know I try to break and cook stuff:

Video:

So it is pretty tough and there are some other boards out there that are made with the Aluminum plates. I really wondered about the why until I saw my son with his elbow jammed into the keyboard.

So, some excerpts:

There is one main function to a gaming keyboard! Gaming! Gaming and a little more gaming. What does that mean? The devices must be more capable of taking a beating, be reactive and robust, and should have something to set it apart from standard keyboards.

Lighting is becoming common and macros are not what they used to be on a keyboard. But... setting specific keys lighting in the color(s) you choose is one thing that can help the gamer. The PC gamer generally uses the mouse and keyboard. Having only the necessary keys lit during a game decreases visual tracking time and does improve your fragging ability.

Video:

Still... we need to go a little further. Visual tracking for roaming hands can be destroyed by poor manufacturer font selection, characters that cannot be seen without a back-light and tiny fonts. To show this a little better, a visual comparison needs to be made:

No-light-comparison-1024x743.png

The keyboard functions well and I honestly prefer this to my Gigabyte Aivia Osmium with Cherry MX red switches. Perhaps it is because I have always loved the feel of clicky switches but I am heavy handed and I never notice the click over the bang... never used the o-ring fix.

Anyway here is a little lighting video with all the lighting modes:

Video:

That is some commentary and the review is HERE: Review

Anywho. It seems to be worth the money and now I must give it up :cry: I told my daughter she could have it before I started testing it:cry:

Last edited:
Back