• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just finished my HTPC build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

X2 3600+ @ 2.6GHz 1.2v
DFI LP JR 790GX
2GB DDR2 RAM
Asus HD4550 512MB

Storage:
Seagate 80GB OS HDD
Seagate 320GB HDD
RAID1 2x Seagate 400GB backup HDD

Silverstone LC20B-M
Vizio 32" Widescreen 1080P HDTV LCD HDMI

-----

htpc_1.jpg

htpc_2.jpg

htpc_3.jpg

Any sites that have some free downloadable 1080p content so I can see how it looks?

What do ya guys think?
The TV looks alot bigger in person!

Gonna buy the wall mount in the next few weeks :)

Last edited:
Not as clean as I want it to be....but its a little hard as the main problem is that ATX power adapter that they provide so you can use the VFD at the front....Its really bulky and doesn't bend well enough to push under the HDD rack.....thus leading my yellow IDE cable to stick out.

I'm not the best at cabling lol. I routed alot under the motherboard as it is though.

I also like my ghetto 120mm on the XP-90 lol :D

cabling_1.jpg

Oh and thanks for the info! Found it!
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/musicandvideo/hdvideo/ContentShowcase.aspx

Yea understandable aboutt he wires. Thats why I made my OCZ PSU a modular and got rid of the Silverstand ATX extender. I took the VFD power wifes and spliced then in to the OCZ power wire. I also have the power cables for the SATA HDDs shorter.

Yea understandable aboutt he wires. Thats why I made my OCZ PSU a modular and got rid of the Silverstand ATX extender. I took the VFD power wifes and spliced then in to the OCZ power wire. I also have the power cables for the SATA HDDs shorter.

Clever...I'm not quite as adventurous.

Found a short clip of Tropic Thunder in 1080p and its pretty stuttery. I increased the IGX to 700MHz from 500MHz and it helped, but it still stutters on certain frames. I then increased my 3600+ to 2.3GHz, but it only helped a bit. Maybe I gotta overclock higher to maybe 2.6GHz or something?

Guess I better go grab a HD 3450 and get hybrid crossfire up to get it working strong.

Installed my HD 4550 and it smoothed out alot. My 3dmark2001 score jumped from 10,050 to 21,000...I now get 120fps on the CS:S stress test with everything on high (excluding AA/AF) which is pretty reasonable!

I downloaded the Dark Knight Prologue uncompressed 1080p and it just looks AMAZING! I did notice though that my CPU load is at 79% when I was playing it.

I wonder if I should drop in a quad core for christmas? Definitely spent more money this month than I really should have.

Ordered a Ninja Mini and this fan power extension device (https://www.jab-tech.com/BitsPower-X-Station-PowerExtension-I-Blue-BP-XPSP1M-BL-pr-4259.html)

The adapter has:
# 3Pin header @ 12v DC X 4
# 3Pin header @ 7v DC X 4
# 3Pin header @ 5v DC X 3

So I will be able to run all my fans at 7v so slow them down a little bit. Should work out perfectly :) Don't care about the blue LED because the case has no window to shine it anywhere.

Gonna have a second attempt at wire management as I have to pull the motherboard out to remove the backplate so the pushpins will be able to go through for the mini ninja.

Back