• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just for giggles, anyone interested in an a6 kaveri + R9 290 review?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rescuetoaster

So, with the holiday season coming up I'm going to be sitting on an 290 for a short while before installing it as a gift in a family member's PC.

The only computer I have to test it in at the moment (and the forseable future) is my HTPC which is just running an a6-7400k. Anyone interested in some benchmarks with the two paired? Probably won't be able to do it until mid-december.

I'd be curious to see if you could run some of the games we review on the front page. Youd have to match the in game settings and system speeds to see how, if at all, that a6 holds the gpu back

I'm sure I can throw in a few - I definitely don't have all the games that you guys normally put in a review. What do you guys use to record FPS in-game?

I'm sure I can throw in a few - I definitely don't have all the games that you guys normally put in a review. What do you guys use to record FPS in-game?
Fraps if the game doesn't have an in game benchmark that does it for you.

Check out our 290 reviews. In them you will see our method with links to how we did it. A couple of them are free and standalone.

Back