• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just installed windows 10 as a fresh install and having issues with .NET?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

So I have a game known as darksiders 2 that I'm trying to run on my comp after installing win 10. I know it can run on win 10 because I ran it on my lappy I had that was running win 10. It tells me MSVCP100.dll and MSVCR100.dll are missing and I have C++ installed from 2008 all the way to 2015, so I figured that must be a .NET issue.

So I try to go and download 4.6.1, and it says it's already installed. Programs and Features shows no such thing.

So I figured I'd try 4.5.2 and it says a newer version is already installed. No .Net framework will install on my computer because apparently it's already installed 4.6.1? Yet I can't find it Programs and Features. Is it built in to Windows 10? And if it is, how the heck am I gonna get this game to run? CAN I get this game to run, was there some major update since the one in November? I tried the game on my lappy AFTER the major update in November. It worked just fine, and now, it won't boot. Claiming those two files are missing. Help please!

http://solvetube.com/how-to-install-darksiders-2-game-without-errors/

Your error is most likely related due to one of the Visual C++ Redistributables 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 not being installed.
Sometimes a 32-Bit Redistributable is required - sometimes 64-Bit - sometimes both and sometimes the only way to find out which if the 2005 onward versions is required is the hard way, to try them all.

http://solvetube.com/how-to-install-darksiders-2-game-without-errors/

Your error is most likely related due to one of the Visual C++ Redistributables 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 not being installed.
Sometimes a 32-Bit Redistributable is required - sometimes 64-Bit - sometimes both and sometimes the only way to find out which if the 2005 onward versions is required is the hard way, to try them all.

That's what ended up working! Downloaded all of the 32-bit versions of the packages I had and now it runs fine. Thanks! :)

Back